Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ManjyomeThunder

I recently installed what I believe to be the latest build of Dolphin so that I could play The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (I can't find my actual copy for some reason, or I'd just use my Wii....). Unfortunately, when I try to run it, I get an error along the lines of...

"Can't create OpenGL renderer. You might be missing some required OpenGL extensions..."

As far as I can tell, all my graphics drivers are up to date, and I'm not sure what's causing the problem. I don't have the option to select to use the DirextX 9 plugin either, and I'm not sure why.

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD4870 and an AMD Phenom II X3 720. Both are clocked at stock settings.

Any ideas?
we need the catalyst version and also, i have the problem on my GF8600 too but only when running a game after pressing stop
however, try disabling advanced text service for dolphin (right click the exe-> properties->compatibility)
that is a reason why it could fail :/

ManjyomeThunder

I upgraded my Catalyst drivers through Windows Update and it seems to be working now, thanks for the help anyway.
(07-20-2009, 04:11 AM)ManjyomeThunder Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded my Catalyst drivers through Windows Update and it seems to be working now, thanks for the help anyway.
windows 7?
if so, tell everyone you know who uses windows 7 to update drivers trough windows update cause windows 7 knows the card and can do basic stuff but it wont be able to do any real stuff like playing games afaik
(07-20-2009, 05:27 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 04:11 AM)ManjyomeThunder Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded my Catalyst drivers through Windows Update and it seems to be working now, thanks for the help anyway.
windows 7?
if so, tell everyone you know who uses windows 7 to update drivers trough windows update cause windows 7 knows the card and can do basic stuff but it wont be able to do any real stuff like playing games afaik

I'm pretty sure Windows Update pulls drivers straight from ATI's driver repository. In concordance to that, you can do the same thing's with drivers updated from Windows Update.

A thing to keep in mind though is that WU likes to pull updates from a few months back. I have Catalyst 9.3 and Windows Update informed of an available with the labeled release date of April 15 (aka the release date of 9.4).
(07-20-2009, 06:00 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 05:27 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
windows 7?

I'm pretty sure Windows Update pulls drivers straight from ATI's driver repository. In concordance to that, you can do the same thing's with drivers updated from Windows Update.

A thing to keep in mind though is that WU likes to pull updates from a few months back. I have Catalyst 9.3 and Windows Update informed of an available with the labeled release date of April 15 (aka the release date of 9.4).
ye, but when it detects the card (aka, just installed windows or inserted card) it doesn't have the full driver. just enough to do basic stuff.
no opengl
no dx9 afaik
no real gfx stuff

...untill you update ofc Tongue
(07-20-2009, 06:03 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]ye, but when it detects the card (aka, just installed windows or inserted card) it doesn't have the full driver. just enough to do basic stuff.
no opengl
no dx9 afaik
no real gfx stuff

...untill you update ofc Tongue

Well, in that case, obviously yes.
I have this problem in my Dolphin 3659,of OpenGL renderer.

My graphic card is Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.

Do you have a plugin for this version?(Direct3D,DirectX)

(Sorry my English,I'm Brazilian. ;D)
(07-22-2009, 09:26 AM)Leo Wrote: [ -> ]I have this problem in my Dolphin 3659,of OpenGL renderer.

My graphic card is Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.

Do you have a plugin for this version?(Direct3D,DirectX)

(Sorry my English,I'm Brazilian. ;D)
get something that isn't this laptop. the intel chipset wont do it
use dx9 eventho its totally broken
And...Do you have a compatible version of Dolphin,plugins... for my chipset?(Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family)

I'm crazy to play Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess!
Pages: 1 2