Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dual core + Twilight Princess (GC) + Recording DTM = Desync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(I haven't tried recordings on other games, so I don't know if this issue is unique to ZTP or not.) When I create a DTM recording of Twilight Princess, if I have Dual Core enabled, the recording will desync when played back. If I record (and of course, play back the recording) without Dual Core enabled, playback appears to stay in sync. Of course, playing through any sizable portion of the game without Dual Core enabled is cumbersome because it's slow and choppy. Is this the state of affairs for Dual Core mode right now, or is it unusual for this not to work?

EDIT: I've also been restarting the emulator before creating or playing back a recording, which I read as a suggestion on another thread.

Settings:
[attachment=8952]
[attachment=8953]

Thanks in advance.
Quote:Is this the state of affairs for Dual Core mode right now
Yes, it is. Also note, that even if it syncs, dual core breaks dumping video. Idle skipping also needs to be off, and you should use the LLE dsp engine. Audio backends other than No audio Output can also supposedly cause desyncs, but i have no idea how much that really happens, if at all.
Quote:I've also been restarting the emulator before creating or playing back a
recording, which I read as a suggestion on another thread.
That only needs to be done with a wiimote. It doesn't matter for gc controller (even for wii games).
Okie dokie. Thanks for the info. Smile