Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: pixel shader error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

scaomompyer

Hey, i got the same pixel shader error everyone is asking about, but I'm using a laptop. is there some way to get around this? thanks.

also, i am trying to play Wind Waker, and the error comes up right after the Dolby Surround sound logo if it matters.
Shouldn't this thread be in Support?

Well your laptop has a very bad IGP. I don't think it is fully supported by Dolphin. Also even if it was your CPU is way to slow to run any game at full speed. I can help recommend a laptop in a lower price range that can run Dolphin well for you if you want. That way this thread could stay where it is and you won't get the pixel shader error. Smile
Please read the error thoroughly. It specifically says the error can be caused by inadequate hardware, namely Intel GMA IGPs. Yours falls under that category: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

Solution: Get a dedicated GPU. We can help you with that if you want. Just make a proper thread.

Closed.