Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game Support/Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've opened up the Game Discussion section. Do you prefer it the way it was all contained in one section or is it better open the way it is now? One of the potential downsides is that it makes the forum longer and gives the user more to scroll down to. One of the positives is that it's open and gives people easier access to those sections.
I like to know which system was posted in XD
Personally I like it more splitted open. This way I can easily see at a glance where something was posted exactly without having to click on a forum to view the subforums.
Perhaps the forums need a description too, especially the Wii Misc one, as it contains different items, such as Channels, Wiiware, Virtual Console games, etc.
Open = Better

Just my 2 cents Wink
(03-12-2013, 12:30 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the forums need a description too, especially the Wii Misc one, as it contains different items, such as Channels, Wiiware, Virtual Console games, etc.

Yes, I agree. I'll do that soon. Keep in mind that this is not finalized yet. If too many people or the developers do not like this, it will be put back to how it was originally.
I guess it's a good idea. It might encourage people who have a specific issue in a game to post in official game threads rather than in other forums.

"Wii Misc" should simply be renamed "WiiWare, Virtual Console and Wii Channels" (like in the Wiki)
My 2 cents: I prefer open. Less clicking for those of us who are familiar with the subforums. And it should actually make things simpler for newbies as well since "Gamecube", "Wii", etc. are more descriptive names for a newbie than "game discussion" (which is really more of a "individual game issues" subforum). This should cut down on the number of newbies that don't realize that they need to post their GC game issues in the GC subforum for example (since they can't find it on the front page). If I were a newbie I would more likely go to the support forum first if I had a game issue since I would assume that game discussion is for discussing games not asking for support (posting issues). Combined with some good descriptive subtitles this new design could be more efficient than the previous design.
oh noes moar scrolling :S

If users do find it a problem, they can condense whole sections (there's a little button on the right for each forum section) so it's not a big deal in terms of downsides. Open is better, and no one can prove otherwise :p
Cool kids never go mainstream.
(03-12-2013, 01:45 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]oh noes moar scrolling :S
Huh? Scrolling? Get with the times! All of the forums fit on the page with no scrolling for me.
Pages: 1 2