Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yep, another Super Mario Galaxy sound thread. But hear me out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've read a few threads on the topic of SMG + audio stuttering, but I'm still getting it. Hear me out though.

Specs:
Intel i7-3930k hexcore OC'ed @ 4.6GHz
Radeon 7870HD 2GB
16GB [4x4] Quad-Channel Corsair Vengeances at 1600MHz
... all running on a Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5

I get the audio stutter. I tried "vbeam trick". The user "mashakos" has a thread that describes the problem here, and he fixes it: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dol...erformance

He shows the fix working here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jOx1Ib_vqs

I don't get why the fix is not working for me. The FPS is cut directly in half, from 60 to 30, when I have framerate set to Audio, Vbeam on, idle skipping off. Does the vbeam trick not work in stable 3.5? What version should I be using?

Thanks guys
Quote:framerate set to Audio
No , please set it to 60FPS and tick "Limit by FPS"
Now that gave me super-fast audio, and 60fps gameplay. Trying to get both stable, haha. Would you like me to post my settings, or is my info enough?
Quote:Vbeam on, idle skipping off
You should not use Vbeam trick if you had 60FPS all the time
You should use default settings in this case
Well I mean, it's 60fps most of the time, but when it dips to like 57-59, audio stutters nasty, that's the whole point of this thread. Sorry if I didn't make that clear...
Post your settings !
Well, tried it with the revision that dude in the youtube video was using, 3.0-766, and it worked. For some reason, the vbeam trick doesn't work on 3.5 stable. Interesting.
You can also use the latest master branch revision, use the default settings and choose LLE recompiler + OpenAL backend that have timestretching feature, you'll get normal audio when running at 60FPS and no stuttering if your FPS drops to 50-60...
What I dont understand is why are you not getting fullspeed constantly because you should with your cpu at 4.6 Ghz
Either is something wrong with your system or with your dolphin settings
I thought SMG has framerate drops in certain spots even with a sandy bridge cpu at 4.8GHz? He's getting almost fullspeed so that makes sense to me.
Pages: 1 2