Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to use video card.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MayaK

Hi everybody!

I'm using an Lenovo Y570 and so have I an seperate video card. The only problem is that dolphin seems to only find the Intel video chip which isn't made for video gaming. Any advice?

MayaK

(03-11-2013, 02:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-vid...recognized
Thank you, I already found out some option in the Nvidia control panel which seem to work out so far.

The only problem now is, that I'm still not able to play Mario Kart with a normal speed. Dodgy
I tried a lot of options, which I found I in the internet but none of them seems to work out for me. My Fps still vary between 11 and 60 Fps and this all he time.
I saw videos of people with lower CPU and GPU and even they could manage to play it fluid, so why not me?
(03-12-2013, 05:00 AM)MayaK Wrote: [ -> ]My Fps still vary between 11 and 60 Fps and this all he time.

Sudden speed drops? Make sure you aren't overheating
Well, you haven't mentioned which game(s) you're trying to play (Mario Kart? GC or Wii version? Single player/mutliplayer?) or what this means -> "I tried a lot of options, which I found I in the internet".

It's also worth noting that you can't talk about what other people on a YouTube video are doing and then try to compare that with what you're doing. They are most likely using a different build, different settings (maybe on a time trial level where not much is going on?) and have other/better hardware components than you do.

MayaK

I'm using the Dolphin 3.5 x64 from this site. And the game that I mentioned is Mario Kart for Wii. The only one that I got to test so far and I try to plax the normal single player (grand prix). I guess the heating is may also the weak point of my notebook, since it stays around 70°c, at least after the information that I receive from a tool named CPUcool. But in the internet I saw ppl using the same notebook with a lower hardware version and they seem to be able to play it with normal speed. So I hoped it would also be posible to me, to play it withouth a frame rate that changes every few seconds all the time.
Use ThrottleStop to set your CPU multiplier to 28
You will have 28 x 99.78 = 2793.84 MHz = 2.8GHz
Click Save , close ThrottleStop and reopen it (make sure to keep ThrottleStop running when you use Dolphin)
[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]
Also use Nvidia Inspector to check your GPU load , GPU clock speed while Dolphin is running (Post a screenshot here if anything is wrong)

MayaK

Ok I tried ThrottleStop now. Like you can see on my screenshots, the multiplier is changing all the time and even if I "set Multiplier" or activate other options, it doesnt change (But I see the version that I were downloading tell me "Monoitoring Only" , so the CPU speed falls often down to less than 800 MHz. Could it be that this is may cause by to much heat? Maybe the CPU regulate its voltage itself to avoid the overheating?
Quote: the multiplier is changing all the time and even if I "set Multiplier" or activate other options
Please do exactly as i told you . Your screenshot have all oftion disabled !
Btw , if you don't install Turbo Boost Monitor 2.5 , Throttlestop will be useless
Quote:Maybe the CPU regulate its voltage itself to avoid the overheating?
Even if your laptop is overheating , Throttlestop will keep the clock speed as high as you set
Unless your battery settings is in "balance mode" or "power saving mode" ...Just set it to "high performance"