Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i run dolphin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[color=#0000ff]I want to know if its possible to run dolphin at full speed with my pc [/color]
[color=#0000ff]
[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Pentium D 3.39 Ghz [/color]
[color=#0000ff]Window xP x86 [/color]
[color=#0000ff]2 GB of Ram [/color]
[color=#0000ff]Geforce 9500 Gt[/color]
Run: yes.
Full-speed: no

Which games are you planning to play?
(03-11-2013, 04:33 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Run: yes.
Full-speed: no

Which games are you planning to play?
But at least 40 fps ? I can endure it if its like 40-45 fps

Game i want play: mario kart(Wii), Mario sunshine, Mario galaxy
Mario Kart and Super Mario Sunshine: playable
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2: no way
(03-11-2013, 04:57 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Mario Kart and Super Mario Sunshine: playable
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2: no way
Ok thanks

Edit: The version of dolphin is not important?
(03-11-2013, 04:58 AM)moise008 Wrote: [ -> ]The version of dolphin is not important?
The versions are very important. Using say 2.0 would get you faster gameplay, but less features and many glitches that are fixed in the new versions.
Quote:Pentium D 3.39 Ghz
Pentium D is two Pentium 4 slapped together . It's too old and terrible and it's not a real dual core
Playable with latest Dolphin ? Maybe not !
You will need a whole new PC
It is a dual core cpu. Multi-core cpu simply means that there are multiple physical processors in the package. Whether they are on one chip or more than one chip doesn't matter. It is however not CMP (chip multiprocessor) which is commonly confused with the term multi-core cpu.

Anyways mario kart and sunshine probably aren't going to run very well either. A pentium D is way too slow for most games. Even an athlon X2 will blow it away.
(03-11-2013, 09:57 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Pentium D 3.39 Ghz
Pentium D is two Pentium 4 slapped together . It's too old and terrible and it's not a real dual core
Playable with latest Dolphin ? Maybe not !
You will need a whole new PC
Ok an IntelCore 2 Quad 6600 is it good for run Dolphin games ?
Much better than what you have now. But still not fast enough to get fullspeed in many games.
Pages: 1 2