Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Online servers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if maybe Dolphin 4.0 will have online service (not local) for the Gamecube. If there is please let me know. I've seen some complains about the online play, but I also seen users say it's only local (and it's having problems as well)
Nope.
The netplay feature uses the local multiplayer, where both players must run the game synchronized. This hurts the performance. Using a server that keeps tracks of Dolphin users online can make connecting to each other more convenient, but won't improve the performance. There is some work on emulating the Wii's Wi-Fi, I'm not sure how it's coming along, but can theoretically let Wii Games play online without loss in performance (for those that have online mode)
(03-05-2013, 09:05 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]The netplay feature uses the local multiplayer, where both players must run the game synchronized. This hurts the performance. Using a server that keeps tracks of Dolphin users online can make connecting to each other more convenient, but won't improve the performance. There is some work on emulating the Wii's Wi-Fi, I'm not sure how it's coming along, but can theoretically let Wii Games play online without loss in performance (for those that have online mode)
I understand that, but it's more of an idea to be thrown out there. And Local is fine with me I have no lag with 3 people. Another thing I'm also pointing out is that people are having trouble using the NETPLAY and local LAN. I'm sorry for my poor details.