Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fps Drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, first of all i want to say thank you for an awesome emulator!

When i play games, any games on dolphin it starts of running smoothly, but after about two minutes the fps suddenly drops to about 15-17, anyone know what this might be about? I tried many techniques from the forums to fix it but dont seem to find anything that helps, any help at all would be appriciated Smile
What is the game?
(07-18-2009, 09:16 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the game?

Star fox: Assult... Ive checked the speccs and i get past, it happens to all the games though...
Please post the settings you use and specific computer specs
2.10GHz duo core, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9500M GS on a x32 Bit Vista.

Enabled Dualcore and Idle Skipping, No Antialaias and anisotropic filter at x1, Native resolution.
Well Does it seem like it drops right when gameplay starts, or sometime after, Because Dolphin Should run the opening frames pretty fast considering its not hard to handle, once the gameplay hits thats what puts on more stress causing the emulator to run slower, or (standard),
The gameplay runs smoothly for a few minutes then drops like a stone, even if there is nothing particulary happening in the game, so it doesn't seem to have connections with the gameplay requireing more.
I get the same slowdowns, it's been like that for a while now and even occurs on my Core2Duo E8500. I am in agreement that it seems to not have anything to do with complex geometry, there are some better looking games with little to no slowdown.

It's probably the normal overhead in the buggy/incomplete graphics rendering that causes the slowdowns, not necessarily because the scene is more "intense".
then i assume there is nothing to do but to wait, thanks for letting me know im not the only one with the problem...
I had this problem the first time yesterday when i unplugged my laptop, but it works fine now
Pages: 1 2