Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen, am I doing something wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

luthondis

Hi all:

When I use dolphin I just can't get widescreen to work. This is on a Wii game, I understand that GC games mostly do not support widescreen but every Wii game should right?

In the Configs, under "Wii" tab i have aspect ratio set to 16:9, then in the graphics setting I have fullscreen resolution at 1440 x 900 and aspect ratio set to auto, do I need to do anything else? For aspect ratio in graphics setting I have tried both auto and force to 16:9, both stretch the picture instead of making it actually widescreen. Under enhancement I have internal resolution set at "auto (multiple of 640x528)" but I don't imagine this has something to do with widescreen? I have widescreen hack off, I was under the impression that it's only for GC games?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advanced! I'm currently using revision 3.5-367.
Have you changed "Aspect Ratio" in the Wii tab of main config window?
Jhonn Wrote:Have you changed "Aspect Ratio" in the Wii tab of main config window?
From OP:
luthondis Wrote:In the Configs, under "Wii" tab i have aspect ratio set to 16:9
Explain the issue better.
(with preferably screenshots or more words)

Which game?
Quote:I'm currently using revision 3.5-367.

That is not the latest revision. Use www.dolphin-emu.org for up to date builds.
Which game have this issue? Some Wii games aren't widescreen, but at the current moment I only know of WarioWare Smooth Moves (4:3 only)...