Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping the Wii-OS just with SD-Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

does anyone know how I can dump my Wii-OS just by using and SD-Card and the Homebrew-Channel? I have read that guide http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-162.html but I don't have any Router for my Wii.

Can someone pls help me? I've looked out for any NAND-Dumpers, but I didn't found any, the only one I got doesn't work for me (quits with and -4 "Cant read Flash Disc of you Wii" Error). Thanks in Advance.

greetings
The King
Try bootmii
I tried both, boot2 and IOS, bot non of them worked. I can neither start it when booting the wii nor in Homebrew-channel. Any Idea? Do I have to have a certain Version of my Wii? I'm currently 3.4.

Edit: Well, I see. I had to install the included Homebrew-Channel to start the IOS-Version. Now everything is working. I started the dump and now I'm waiting for it to finish. No more problems so far, except that I had to plug a Gamecube-Controller in to navigate in the bootMii menu. weird^^

Edit2: I think I need some more help. Now I dumped that NAND-Stuff, and I have a nand.bin-file on my SD-Card. But in the guide, and everywhere else I looked was said that you should have 8 folders or something. So, what do I do with this file? Can I just put it in User/Wii? I quess not...
you can't sorry.
I was thinking ( omg ) and the zestig decripter only works with .img files, but what happen if you want to decript a .bin file like the nand.bin of bootmii, It will work?

I could rename the nand.bin to nand.img and It have to work because both of them are 1:1 copies and the zestieg was made to work with the WiiND that make too a 1:1 copy. But we know that zestieg is problematic and I don't know what could happen.

*This is my first post ( But I read the forum since few months ago )
*And I speak spanish xD so I don't know if I wrote this right