Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED] Mario Kart Wii CTGP v1.02 : only the half of additionnal content available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

Few hours ago, i have successfully maked my own ISO of MKWII with the additionnal content provided by CTGP v1.01. (+104 tracks). And it works fine.

Then, i have tried to do the same with the update v1.02. And there's a problem : i can only play with the half of the content included, all the new content between v1.01 -> v1.02 doesn't work. When you choose the latest cups, the game shows you 4x "Mario Track"... instead of the real name of the track. Moreover, if you click on a "Mario Track", dolphin will the original mario track. Moreover, all the latest pictures' cup aren't showed properly.

Any idea for this troubleshooting?
Does 1.02 work on your real Wii?
I can't tell you if it works on my wii, cause i have 2 homes : the first where is my Wii, and the second where is my PC with dolphin.
Try to "remake" your iso. But don't add the update to your modified iso. Take a clean iso and add 1.01 + 1.02
The other half of the tracks only work when using the JITIL recompiler. The track selector only shows the normal wii tracks after one race in all cpu modes though, so you'll have to quit and re-enter vs mode to play multiple custom tracks. (Which is pretty unfortunate since the JITIL recompiler is considerably slower with Mario Kart Wii)

You might also experience a problem where custom tracks have random spiky polygons, to fix this you need to disable Cache Display Lists.
That's an interesting bug. Can someone confirm that using JITIL fixes the issue?
(03-03-2013, 11:09 PM)Rhys Wrote: [ -> ]The other half of the tracks only work when using the JITIL recompiler. The track selector only shows the normal wii tracks after one race in all cpu modes though, so you'll have to quit and re-enter vs mode to play multiple custom tracks. (Which is pretty unfortunate since the JITIL recompiler is considerably slower with Mario Kart Wii)

You might also experience a problem where custom tracks have random spiky polygons, to fix this you need to disable Cache Display Lists.
(03-04-2013, 01:41 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting bug. Can someone confirm that using JITIL fixes the issue?

My ISO works fine now with the JITIL (experimental) ON and with Cashe Display List OFF, thanks for this tip Wink I can know choose all the tracks, more than 150 with the original tracks (CTGP 1.02) Wink

I have now only one more thing to see : before, when i did a cup, the game started everytime the first track of the cup. This means that all cup was composed of 4x the same race. I'll try to do a cup now to see if the problem is fixed by this tip.

[EDIT] The cup's problem isn't fixed by this. But this is a problem only for single player cup... in multiplayer, you always go back to the tracks menu at the end of the race, which give you the possibility to do each race you wanna do really.

[EDIT 2] The game is fully fonctionnal in terms of performance : i'm always at 60 FPS, with native resolution X3, Screens resolution of 1680x1050 (D3D9) on a Core i5 @ 3.2 Ghz, 4096 MO RAM, GEFORCE GTX 460.