Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using Dolphin to control a Real Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you think that in the future it will be possible to use dolphin to control a real Wii. Dolphin already allows people to use an xbox 360 controller to control wii games by emulating a wiimote, I would say a fork using the dolphin code that emulates the wiimote could be possible if a laptop or other computer with bluetooth is near the wii to play games on a real wii using an xbox controller. This would be a great feature and not much power would be needed on the PC because the PC would not be emulating any games.

Hopefully there are some good developers that can try making a fork.
If this is done this will be an external tool, not part of Dolphin. I know this is possible on Linux, no idea about Windows though (afaict their Bluetooth support kind of sucks).
Sounds good, there are some nice micro linux pc's on the market, that are pretty cheap that people can use and the Ouya is coming out in like June I think and that already has a controller with it.