Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Failed to load image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AaronB

Sorry if this is a stupid question (likely), but I couldn't find an answer. I'm getting an error "Failed to load image from Program Files (x86)/emulators/dolphin/user/themes/boomy/help.png Dolphin starts, but it seems unable to save any data, such as configuration for a controller. After I extracted, the only other files are cg.dll, cgGL.dll, OpenAL32.dll, and SDL.dll. I have a feeling some are missing, but I can't figure it out. It looks like plugins are missing, but from what I can tell the new version isn't supposed to have plugins.

Thanks.

-Nintendo customer NES-Wii U
"After I extracted, the only other files are cg.dll, cgGL.dll, OpenAL32.dll, and SDL.dll. "

That sounds wrong. Where did you get your build from?

AaronB

(03-02-2013, 08:23 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]"After I extracted, the only other files are cg.dll, cgGL.dll, OpenAL32.dll, and SDL.dll. "

It's the latest build, from the official Dolphin site. 3.5-367, x64 version.
(03-02-2013, 08:30 AM)AaronB Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 08:23 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]"After I extracted, the only other files are cg.dll, cgGL.dll, OpenAL32.dll, and SDL.dll. "

It's the latest build, from the official Dolphin site. 3.5-367, x64 version.
From where exactly? :p
Hint: Look at the forum URL to get an idea what the official Dolphin homepage is actually.

AaronB

(03-02-2013, 09:04 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Hint: Look at the forum URL to get an idea what the official Dolphin homepage is actually.
Interesting - there's a nearly identical dolphin-emulator site rather than dolphin-emu that links here for the official forums.

Still, I tried the latest stable version 3.5 from here and I'm getting the same problem. I'm noticing a few "could not open" errors during the extraction (using 7-zip).

AaronB

I think I'm getting closer. I tried different ways to extract the files, and now I have more of them (version 3.5). However, I still can't save a game or save a controller profile. My best guess is that I need to configure the memory card, or configure where the program is supposed to look for those. Would that be somewhere under "sys" or "users"?

Thanks again
(03-03-2013, 01:33 PM)AaronB Wrote: [ -> ]My best guess is that I need to configure the memory card, or configure where the program is supposed to look for those. Would that be somewhere under "sys" or "users"?

To find MCs go into User/GC.
To indicate their path go into Config/GC/Slot A.

For controllers go into User/Config

Abigail111

(03-02-2013, 08:18 AM)AaronB Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is a stupid question (likely), but I couldn't find an answer. I'm getting an error "Failed to load image from Program Files (x86)/emulators/dolphin/user/themes/boomy/help.png Dolphin starts, but it seems unable to save any data, such as configuration for a controller. After I extracted, the only other files are cg.dll, cgGL.dll, OpenAL32.dll, and SDL.dll. I have a feeling some are missing, but I can't figure it out. It looks like plugins are missing, but from what I can tell the new version isn't supposed to have plugins.

Thanks.

-Nintendo customer NES-Wii U
Hi,if you just want to [color=#666666]load image from files[/color] .you can create a .NET Imaging SDK, to perform some basic imaging functions such as loading image from a
file, loading file from .NET graphics, creating a new image, and
printing or saving an image to your local disk, and so on.i've used for a long time.you can just have a try
(09-02-2013, 01:40 PM)Abigail111 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,if you just want to [color=#666666]load image from files[/color] .you can create a .NET Imaging SDK, to perform some basic imaging functions such as loading image from a
file, loading file from .NET graphics, creating a new image, and
printing or saving an image to your local disk, and so on.i've used for a long time.you can just have a try

The error in the OP is from Dolphin not being able to find the theme icon files. Dolphin can load up images just fine by itself. Most of the errors in this thread come from the fact that the OP put Dolphin in Program Files, which causes issues with R/W permissions. .NET won't be of much help here.