Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games won't create save file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Paladin045

I'm fairly new to the Dolphin scene, so it could be that I'm just being stupid and missing something obvious. Stupidity or no, however, I can't get anything to work =\ Computer and Dolphin build are below.

When I first downloaded Dolphin, I couldn't get it to create memory cards. The two games I have currently (Path of Radiance and Wind Waker, both GC) both kept getting hung up in a loop, and it always went something like this:

There is no save file on Memory Card A. Create save file?
Y/N

There is no memory card in Memory Slot A.

Continue game without saving?
Y/N

There is no save file on Memory Card A. Create save file?
Y/N

And it would do that ad nauseum. Every time I told it to create a save file, or to continue without saving, the cursor would momentarily blink from Yes over to No before going to the next screen.

Anyway, I finally found a place to download a memory card. It even had a Wind Waker save file on it. I configured Dolphin to read it, booted WW... and not only did it not recognize the existence of the save, it still won't make one of its own. Path of Radiance still does the same. The loop is exactly the same as above, only without the 'no card' error.

Is there a way to fix this?

..::Computer (Laptop)::..
AMD Phenom II N830 2.10 GHz
[Unknown manufacturer] 4.00 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 5650

Dolphin 3.5-367
Did you configure Slot A as "Memory Card" (Config -> GameCube). Are you sure, the path to your memory card file is correct?

Paladin045

Slot A is automatically configured as Memory Card, but I did check it just the same. As far as I can tell, the file path is to the correct place: .User/GC

Clarification: Now that I imported my own memory card, it does recognize that there is in fact a memory card in Slot A. It just won't write to it (including crafting a save file in the first place), allow me to play a game without a save file, or read any save files that are currently on the card.
it sounds like you are pressing the 'b' button on the emulated gc controller, which on many(all?) games will choose no even if you have yes selected.
look in your controller config and press the button configured for 'a'