Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help installing Smash Stack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded Smash Stack + the BootMii installer onto my sd.raw file (private and boot.elf in root). But, to my surprise, when launching Brawl and going to the Stage Builder, nothing happens. It acts like it was normal. Yes, no stages exist. So what do I do? The SD card is inserted, and the sd.raw is in the Wii folder in Sys. Please help!

NOTE: This was previously endless saving, but now it is this.
Smash stack doesn't work for me in Dolphin either. One of the pre-requisites of Smash Stack is to wipe any SSBB save game that you might have in the Wii NAND. Maybe that needs to be done first?
(03-01-2013, 10:09 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Smash stack doesn't work for me in Dolphin either. One of the pre-requisites of Smash Stack is to wipe any SSBB save game that you might have in the Wii NAND. Maybe that needs to be done first?
Testing this theory now. Deleting save game from Wii System Menu's file system and I'll see what happens.
EDIT: Game save deleted. Now creating a NEW save game.
EDIT2: No effect. Nothing happened at all.
Yeh, Smash stack doesn't work if there is a SSBB save present on the Wii NAND, so you weren't meant to create a new save before trying Smash stack again.
OK, it didn't work. Here are STEP by STEP things of what I do:

1. I open WinImage, and open up the sd.raw from the User/Wii folder.
[Image: 2a2qh]

2. Delete ANY files on the sd.raw.
[Image: 2a2r0]

3. Inject my Smash Stack folder (which has private folder) into sd.raw's root.
[Image: 2a2sH]

4. Inject the boot.elf file into the root.
[Image: 2a2uS]

5. Play Super Smash Bros Brawl without saving.
[Image: 2a2wx]

6. Insert the SD Card via Config BEFORE entering Stage Builder.
[Image: 2a2yW]

7. Wait.
[Image: 2a2Ah]

8. Go through any prompts.
[Image: 2a2C9]

9. Be met with nothingness.
[Image: 2a2F3]

I don't know how this happens, or how it gets fixed.
EDIT: Not even a different version works. :S
I've never been able to get custom stages to work with dolphin, everytime I ask no one answers T_T
Just wondering, why do you want to do that anyway? Dolphin can run DOL files directly, and the Bootmii installer won't ever work in Dolphin.