Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Keeps Freezing in intro Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EvilSaiyan360

I am new to the forums so I could not post this in Game Discussion section, so bear with me.
I recently downloaded the latest official version of dolphin. I am trying to play The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker from a ripped iso image, but it keeps freezing in the prologue cutscence. The time it freezes ranges from 5 to 45 seconds after the cutscence starts. When it freezes, both the video and audio stops, but I can hear a beep every 2 seconds until I close the program.

Here are my specs:
AMD Athlon 2 Quad core 3.00 Gigahertz (4 cores)
5 GIGS DDR3 RAM
nvidia gtx 460 video card
750 gig HDD
600 WATT Corsair PSU
I was able to get wind waker working before without freezing but I don't remember what settings it was at, so I am hopeful you guys take a look at my settings and point out what could be causing the game to freeze everytime i try to play. I am using version 3.5
[attachment=8909][attachment=8909][attachment=8908][attachment=8910][attachment=8911][attachment=8912]

OH, and I forgot to mention that I have not enabled or disable any patches.

Thanks in advance.
Setting Framelimit to "Audio" shouldn't be needed if you're using LLE. Try to set it to "Auto" (or "Off")
I am unsure if this is the issue, but I always use EFB to RAM, XFB to Virtual and disable OpenMP and I never had an issue. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

If not it may be as simple as a bad rip.
Quote:I am new to the forums so I could not post this in Game Discussion section, so bear with me.

You can post this is the game discussion section you just can't open a new thread. You're supposed to use the existing thread for the game that you're talking about.