Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to Overclock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm excited to let you all know I just ordered some new part for my computer so I can overclock it. Next week I will receive a Corsair Carbide 500r and H100i liquid cooler so I can overclock my i7 920! I wanted to ask how much overclocking increases performance in dolphin? A stock i7 920 is clocked at 2.66Ghz I'm looking to overclock to 4.0Ghz / 4.2Ghz temps pending so what should I expect? Huh I'm super excited and can't want to update how it goes when I get my parts haha
What games do you plan on playing? In general you should have visually faster gameplay.
40-45% increase would be my estimate. The increase should be almost linear.
I am trying to get MGS Twin Snakes to run full speed because it tends to drop fps a lot. I haven't tested any other games that give me trouble so far but I want to try Metroid Other M
I'm pretty sure that OC@3.5GHz or more will play those perfectly Smile
Metroid Other M should work fine. MGS needs LLE. Not sure you get constant full-speed
(02-27-2013, 10:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Metroid Other M should work fine. MGS needs LLE. Not sure you get constant full-speed
I'd be ok with that as long as it can stay over 50fps
It should almost all the time, but depending on what you overclock the CPU to it could slip below at the most demanding parts of the game.