Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound issue, unofficial Skyward Sword build query.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I've been having an issue playing some of my games on Dolphin. Specifically Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Double Dash, but I think it might be a general game issue. The soundtracks stop sometimes during gameplay. They'll start alright, but eventually stop playing. I can still hear sound effects made by characters etc. but the soundtrack stops playing. Am I using the wrong settings or something? Is this a commonly known issue?

My second query is about an unofficial Skyward Sword build I heard about on the Dolphin fb page. Which is the best one to use; I've found many links but not sure which one to go for. I have a wiimote plus obviously but have had way too much trouble trying to connect it up by bluetooth. If I could play the whole game effectively with an xbox pad that would be really great. Does this build come with an established controller configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
For the sound issue, you can try LLE Audio, read here for details. It is marginally more demanding than HLE audio which i assume you're using, so expect slowdowns. Your CPU is an i7 3770 which cannot be overclocked but its k counterpart can.

We recommend for any game for users to use the official 3.5 version, if not, the latest test builds. You could try older versions like r7719 which i believe is the version you're referring to, but older builds like that are not supported on the forums. A wiimotion+ is also recommended, if however you feel the need to not use it, you could try emulation motion+ builds, these builds are also not supported and way off in terms of accuracy and precision.
tl;dr is that you don't want to use emulated m+, it's a mess to set up correctly and completely ruins the ZSS experience. Get a cheap BT dongle and a wiimote with m+ (make sure to buy one of the supported ones).
Since all 3.5 versions will crash when entering the silent realm trial, 3.0-750 (very stable in my opinion) can be recommended. However the fastest and crash-free version is Dolphin 3.5-420 [Zelda-SS-Fix] x64 MSVC Intel+AMD

which can be found in issue 5682.
Stop spreading FUD, the crashes can be worked around by using OGL instead of D3D. I get the point, but let's not give newcomers who just quickly browse this thread give wrong impressions, hmkay?
Thanks for all the input guys!

OK; I've secured the two files needed to fix the audio; but in the guide it doesn't seem to say in what folder to put them in within Dolphin?

neobrain, do you have a link to an unofficial build you'd recommend that would let me play Skyward Sword with a gamepad?
Sannakji Wrote:OK; I've secured the two files needed to fix the audio; but in the guide it doesn't seem to say in what folder to put them in within Dolphin?

/Sys/GC

Sannakji Wrote:neobrain, do you have a link to an unofficial build you'd recommend that would let me play Skyward Sword with a gamepad?
neobrain Wrote:tl;dr is that you don't want to use emulated m+, it's a mess to set up correctly and completely ruins the ZSS experience. Get a cheap BT dongle and a wiimote with m+ (make sure to buy one of the supported ones).
My guide does say where they go...
I've had too much trouble trying to get the wiimote+ and dongle to work. I want a gamepad solution. Lots of posters on the Dolphin facebook page said there was one?
There is, but is prolly going to be worse then trying to get the wiimote to work XD
Pages: 1 2