Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PC crashes when loading iso
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

springjack

Hello.

I recently downloaded Dolphin but can´t seem to get it to work.
Whenever I open an iso, the screen of my computer turns all black and unresponsive, forcing me to reset it.
So far, I only got 2 isos, "Resident Evil" and "Resident Evil Zero", so I don´t know if it´s iso related or computer related.
I tried different configurations, all with the same effect.

So that leaves me question... Is my computer good enough for running this emulator?
[Image: semttulo1xz.jpg]
Thank you first hand for all the help and replies.
The CPU is pretty weak for Dolphin; you won't get fullspeed in a vast majority of games. The integrated graphics processor isn't even supported anymore as far as I know. You really need a more modern CPU (Ivy Bridge for example) and a dedicated GPU.

On recent Dolphin revisions, the emulator won't even run due to the IGP's being too outdated. I have an old computer with the same IGP, so I can tell you it's not going to work.
Buy a graphic card (Nvidia GT 640 / 650 / 660 or AMD 7750 / 7770 ...) and overclock your CPU to 3.4GHz or higher . You might need new power supply (PSU) if your current PSU not provide enough power for new graphic card & overclocking
Or you can spend 400$ for new PC as well http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-new...d-cpu-help

springjack

Ok, thank you very much.