Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote via Bluetooth won't connect for the second time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, guys.

Sorry to bother you all with another post, but I would really appreciate some help. Today, I received my Bluetooth USB adapter in the mail. I have managed to connect my Wiimote to it by holding down 1 + 2. But when the battery runs out of the Wiimote and I try to connect it again, it can't find anything.

Help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

cmccmc

you need to restart dolphin
The problem is it won't keep flashing. It just turns off because it can't find anything. Is there a particular button I need to press?
You didn't by any chance happen to purchase an unlicensed knockoff dongle? As far as I know those won't work at all, I ran into the mistake of purchasing an unlicensed dongle on Amazon thus was unable to connect my Wiimote.

I made sure to read reviews for the next dongle I purchased, which works fine with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. Smile

Haha, once I found out the dongle was a knockoff I contacted the seller who refunded the money without me needing to ship the item back. He had really poor English and sounded scared or something.. Tongue
(07-18-2009, 02:18 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't by any chance happen to purchase an unlicensed knockoff dongle? As far as I know those won't work at all, I ran into the mistake of purchasing an unlicensed dongle on Amazon thus was unable to connect my Wiimote.

I made sure to read reviews for the next dongle I purchased, which works fine with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. Smile

Haha, once I found out the dongle was a knockoff I contacted the seller who refunded the money without me needing to ship the item back. He had really poor English and sounded scared or something.. Tongue

omg lol that just happened to me I just went ahead and re-installed vista and got it to work. I back up my files so it wasnt a big deal. Hopefully this doesnt happened every time, if it does then I will buy a legit one.
I'm certain it's a knockoff, but I got it so cheap! This is the link to it here. I'm sure it's not the problem.

But, yeah. I don't want to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers everytime I turn off the Wiimote. So does anyone know the solution, because neither pressing 1 + 2 or any other button will connect it with the computer.

How do I connect it with the bluetooth adapter again?
Oh yeah that problem, blame me for being tired and missing this tidbit..

As far as I know you need to do that with any Bluetooth device you pair to the PC, every time it is disconnected it requires it to be paired again. This happens when the Wiimote gets out of sync or you turn off your PC..

As far as I know there is no way around this, it requires the device to be paired each time. I think it has to do with how the bluetooth stack is set up. On the Wii it is automatically paired as soon as you power on the console or simply just press the 1 and 2 buttons.

It would be nice to not have to pair the Wiimote each time, and configure Windows to remember the device so you only have to press the 1 and 2 buttons to pair the Wiimote in the future.

The knockoff story is a real problem, you get these vendors that sell these knockoff dongles that don't work worth a crap, believe me if it was a knockoff dongle you would likely not be able to pair anything with it let alone the Wiimote. Smile
(07-18-2009, 03:11 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah that problem, blame me for being tired and missing this tidbit..

As far as I know you need to do that with any Bluetooth device you pair to the PC, every time it is disconnected it requires it to be paired again. This happens when the Wiimote gets out of sync or you turn off your PC..

As far as I know there is no way around this, it requires the device to be paired each time. I think it has to do with how the bluetooth stack is set up. On the Wii it is automatically paired as soon as you power on the console or simply just press the 1 and 2 buttons.

It would be nice to not have to pair the Wiimote each time, and configure Windows to remember the device so you only have to press the 1 and 2 buttons to pair the Wiimote in the future.

The knockoff story is a real problem, you get these vendors that sell these knockoff dongles that don't work worth a crap, believe me if it was a knockoff dongle you would likely not be able to pair anything with it let alone the Wiimote. Smile

Oh! Thank you very much. So there is no problem at all? This is good to know.

Cheers!
Hi I dont see solution in Xtreme2damax post. I have similar problem. Was able to use wii mote for around 4 days. i was restarting computer, I was getting messages wii mote out of sync many times. Nighterless all the time I could connect wii mote back.

Recently emulator hanged as usual on left idle wii sports with message wii mote out of sync. From there on I cant connect wii mote back. Vista see device. Sometimes is discovered as wii motion someting but most of the time as something like 00:17:ab:39:c2:94 device. This is normal - I was able to play despite strange name. Now when I finish detecting device wii mote does not flash Sad

What might be the problem? Everything was pefectly fine for 4 days. My wii mote is hama company.
(08-02-2009, 08:59 AM)Dhavos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I dont see solution in Xtreme2damax post. I have similar problem. Was able to use wii mote for around 4 days. i was restarting computer, I was getting messages wii mote out of sync many times. Nighterless all the time I could connect wii mote back.

Recently emulator hanged as usual on left idle wii sports with message wii mote out of sync. From there on I cant connect wii mote back. Vista see device. Sometimes is discovered as wii motion someting but most of the time as something like 00:17:ab:39:c2:94 device. This is normal - I was able to play despite strange name. Now when I finish detecting device wii mote does not flash Sad

What might be the problem? Everything was pefectly fine for 4 days. My wii mote is hama company.

It is easy Dhavos. Your batteries went flat. BTW I used 2 usb keys. When I plug in second it killed drivers of first one. Reinstaling drives dont work I get an error. Usb is one of the biggest shit I ever seen. Had same problem with cardrige recorder for GBA. When You install wrong drivers you are gone. Only register editing or os reinstall