Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2 w/ Fraps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can Play this game perfectly fine without fraps on but with fraps on It lags in some areas. My processor was Over Clocked at 4.1ghz here.

Here's The Video:

Do you think clocking it to 4.5ghz run the game close to perfect >.<?
(02-23-2013, 10:07 AM)Toonation Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think clocking it to 4.5ghz run the game close to perfect >.<

Yes :3
Im not too sure about overclocking the CPU that much becuase if the game runs fine without recording then simply don't overclock, however if you do somehow damage you should invest in some overclocking protection plan from intel. It cost me $20 and I have not perform anything out of the ordinary such as overclocking past 4.5 ghz
Overclocking to 4.5ghz will be fine as long as you have cooling to support it. The general rule overclocks use with Ivy's is to keep it below 90C for long term use. So after the overclock, just run Prime95 for a 30 minute test and see how high it goes.
It depends on the voltage. At 4.5GHz you're going to need a decent voltage and below 90C isn't going to cut it.

Quote:Im not too sure about overclocking the CPU that much becuase if the game runs fine without recording then simply don't overclock

That makes no sense. He needs the OC to achieve fullspeed while recording.

Also Intel OC insurance is pretty useless. OC is far more likely to screw up data in your ram (and by extension the HDD or even the filesystem) and your motherboard then actually cause damage to the cpu.
Im just saying, if there are many other recording programs out there why would he need to simply stick to fraps. I have heard that Fraps mess with people frames in a game, besides when it comes down to it I use xsplit to record dolphin sometimes just for fun and dont get any type of lag when recording in 720p.
Quote:Fraps mess with people frames in a game

What does that even mean?

Any type of recordering software will have a performance hit even if it is small.

Also your profile says your cpu is OC to 4.5GHz. Is this a typo?
yea, I did noticed I had a typo on my profile I see how that would confuse everyone. I honestly dont really recommend people to overclock anything on their computer becuase anything can happen, only if you as an individual feel safe enough to overclock go ahead but don't take anyone's word for it.
I can safely OC to 4.4 Ghz w/ ivy bridge but 4.5 or above seems a bit spazzy and i don't want to readjust my settings.

Anyway I took down the video because I didn't want to leave it on my channel xD. Yea I'll just play w/o recording thought maybe doing an Lp with HD gfx setting and stuff would be cool but I don't want to murder my system lol.

I'll just keep it at 3.8-4ghz

btw I didn't notice that 1/(4e9hz) = 2.5e-10 so the pd is 2.5e-10s That's cool xD
Download DxTory and you'll be fine with your current 4.1 Ghz and I think also with less ..
Pages: 1 2