Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Input Interface suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dan!el

Hi,

Is it possible to add some checkboxes into the mainframe of the emulator for emulated wiimote extension like "nunchuk" or "classic". Because everytime u switch a "Wii" game u have to open "the wiimote", then click the "config" button and finally change the extension. As example first i play some "nsmb", then switch to No more heroes where u need a nunchuk.

I think it would be a nice addition to somehow integrate this into the main window as a comfortable way of fast switch it. Also for the GC it would be cool to have the option if its plugged or not, or 1 and 2 Controllers. If u dont know exactly what i mean i could also make an easy example of it. Theres also the "Smash Bros Brawl" case (only game i know that behaves like this), where u have to unplug the GC controller to have proper emulated wiimote controls, and for this u have to go another route, from the tools menu to the GC Tab and finally set it there. Im fine with it anyway^^ so just a little suggestion. Maybe it also comes in handy for the devs.

And for ppl who test much around, this would be cool to have that easy step.

Of course to get rid of it completley i also own a real wiimote. But from time to time i also play on my PC with my PS3 controller as emulated wiimote.

Just an iDEA, what do u guys think of it ? Just some little checkboxes at the "wiimote/GC" buttons in the main window or besides (or replacing the Button with checkboxes feat. clean symbols and make a little settings button into the Button).

Yeah first post... hi and thanks for this wonderful peace (Dolphin) of history in emulation world^^

maybe someone could move this thread to the controllers section of the forum, didnt see it in the first place.
I don't know what you are asking for.
Where do you want these checkboxes?

Dan!el

I made a simple picture with paint. Its really simple. Sth like this.

[attachment=8902]
Most people use real wiimotes and, thanks to continuous scanning, won't need to switch between them at all. And using real wiimotes plus a second controller for the GCpad means never having to change those settings at all.

Besides, is clicking on a menu really that bad? I mean, it's right there. Especially the wiimote controls.

Dan!el

No its also fine the way it is, was just an idea, not every idea is good ^^ so i guess like this one, life goes on^^
You can set profiles to automatically load for each game. Here.