Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Overclocking on macs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been reading a lot about PC's Overclocking but never macs o.o. Is there a way to overclock on a mac? and if I have a windows7 partition up and running and I use the cpu usage widget, When it hits 100% is that the GHz being used?
Also I been wondering whats the difference between intel core i5 with 2143M cpu @2.3GHz vs a comp that has 3730k?

oh and I forgot to mention. is the graphics card: Intel HD graphics family even a good graphics card to play dolphin with?
Macs cannot be overclocked afaik. No way.
O.o hmm then can you explain to me what is the windows 7 gadget for the cpu usage used for? I noticed when its on and I observe it while playing certain games on Dolphin, it hits as high as 73% or even 83%.
(02-22-2013, 07:17 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Macs cannot be overclocked afaik. No way.
Quote:windows 7 gadget for the cpu usage
Never use it
Quote: it hits as high as 73% or even 83%
Why do you care about it ? It does not matter
Quote:Core i5 2143M , 3730k?
Both CPU don't exist in this world . Are you trying to troll or something or Perhaps you mean "i5 2430m" and "i7 3770k"
i5 2430M is a dual core laptop CPU with Hyper Threading , it does not support overclocking
i7 3770k is a quad core desktop CPU with Hyper Threading , it does support overclocking
There is no comparison , the i7 will beat i5 by thousands miles
Quote: Intel HD graphics family even a good graphics card
It's not even a "card" , it's an integrated GPU which built inside your CPU . Intel HD 4000 is the latest/strongest Intel GPU atm , it can run Dolphin at minimum settings -> They are really designed for office PCs or multi-media PCs that do not run games
Gaming -> Nvidia or AMD GPU
yes admin i actually meant i5 and i7 xD (wasnt intending to troll :x) and ty for the clarification Smile