Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LLE and Overclocking Requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Qaazavaca Qaanic

How much overclock do I need to run LLE at full speed in Mario Kart Wii, etc?
Is my current cooling system good enough to run properly?
(I heard people saying that automatic underclocking/power-management is not good for my overclock. should I turn it off or not?)
My specs are in the sig.
The speed needed really depends on the game to be honest. Overclocking can be easy or hard. Do a quick google on overclocking your cpu and motherboard. Use their exact models to get a good idea. YouTube may be a good resource for you if you are a n00b.

The new i5's run hot so an H70 won't get you insane clocks like mine, but it will certainly get you headroom for a respectable overclock. Just remember the name of the game is stability.
(02-22-2013, 01:14 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]The speed needed really depends on the game to be honest. Overclocking can be easy or hard. Do a quick google on overclocking your cpu and motherboard. Use their exact models to get a good idea. YouTube may be a good resource for you if you are a n00b.

The new i5's run hot so an H70 won't get you insane clocks like mine, but it will certainly get you headroom for a respectable overclock. Just remember the name of the game is stability.
they recommend 4.2ghz on 3570ks... and ur right if you need more than 1.3v... good thing i got a good chip Lol.

expect as high as 4.5 before u run into trouble for 3570ks.

my 3570k with a Hyper 212+ /w antec nano diamond 7 runs at 94*C @ 1.33v taking into account for the 105*C thermal limit... i would say i would hit it around 1.36-1.38...

and i need 1.4v to run 5ghz. (i got a really good chip so my voltages are low).

But yeah... unless u got a water cooler it would be unwise to run it beyond 1.33v imo in benchmarks.

on OC.net i believe its recommended to keep ivy bridge under 1.45v is the "safe" limit. but dont go over 1.5v.

edit:

Considering you got a H70. ive seen people with H60s and get 10*C lower max temps than me.... so im going say that. with a H70 i would say 1.4v will easily be doable even in prime95.

most 3570ks on OC.net from what im looking at require about 1.28-1.35v for 4.5ghz.

First of all i would Try and Max out your 3570k at stock voltage first. Then raise it a few from stock voltage.... to around 1.2 to 1.25v and try for 100mhz increments until it fails to boot. then take it down a notch.
Just a few notes of concern. For normal use, most overclockers do not recommend you go over 1.42 volts if you can help it. Also if you temps are over 75 degrees...you need to lower your overclock or get better cooling. 95 degrees is insane!
95° is also perfectly allowable at stock clocks according to its rated limit.
At stock voltage* would be more appropriate but yes.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

I was testing at 4.4 ghz.
Is 60-77 degs and 1.272 volts using the BIOS auto voltage OK, or do I have to change the voltage manually? Auto de/increasing?
Is it fast enough for MKWii LLE?

Edit: I don't like the temperatures. What's the minimum neccesary OC that can run Mario Kart with LLE?
It's always best to use a manual voltage. The voltage you need depends on what clock rate you're aiming for.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Oh...
Looks like LLE didn't help the lag. So never mind. I'm going back to 4.2 4ghz .
i should mention its 95*C in prime95. i never go above 70*C realistically@ 5ghz.

also ivy bridge is rated for 105*C so anythin below 80 is good if ur overvolting alot.
@other guy your temps were fine. i wouldn't worry unless ur pushing past 80 outside of stress tests.
Pages: 1 2