Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Goldeneye 007 Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Drewsky

I would like to run this @ max settings (Its a 30 frame per second game as is) ONLINE (I saw someone on the Nintendo network via Dolphin) w/ the Wiimote (Not sure if that piece is possible yet).

I've been looking @ iBuypower and Cyberpowerpc websites for custom builds. I like the Cyberpower site better because it shows the frames per second you would get based on games. I'll likely use them.

Regardless GE 007 is about the only game I'm interested in (or would NEED anyway) the Dolphin for because the Wii's internet is the WORST. I get 20mbps down / 4 up on my PC... the Wii @ max can get around 3 down and 1 or less up. However, GE 007 online is still probably the most fun I've had on a FPS and I've played about all of them (Wiimote > mouse in terms of fun and anything is better than dual analog).

I would think that the Dolphin would allow a larger speed of down / up than you can get on Wii's network card? (This is kind of a make / break deal for me if not)

Can somebody give me an idea of what cpu and gpu I would need to get this @ max 1080p? (Goldeneye) Could I w/ the i5 3570k? Are the AMD gpu's decent enough? They seem CONSIDERABLY (Like > $100-200) less than the equivalent NIVIDA. (Give or take a frame per second) AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 is the one I'm looking @.

If I went w/ a laptop (Which seems to be a big no - no for Dolphin use according to some) are there any < $1,000 alternatives? (In terms of GPU / CPUs?)

Thanks
Yes you can use the wiimote for your games on Dolphin. That i5 is one of the best you can get for Dolphin, and of you are fine with 480p you can stick with the worst graphics available. If you plan to play in HD I say you get a nVidea card.
The network shit is impossible unless A) you're using the wii-network branch and B) you have the security certificates from a real Wii, and even then the branch is still a work in progress and you'll likely have issues with either performance or shit crashing. And I'm not even sure how good the 'net performance will be.

Also, this game has framerate issues on a real Wii. Luckily, I think Dolphin's currently terrible enough at emulating the Wii's GPU performance monitor that if you're using a fast enough CPU (an overclocked 3570K is always fast enough) and a decent GPU (the HD 7770 would probably be fine, but I'm not a GPU nerd) you probably won't run into problems.

Using the Wii Remote with the game is the most possible thing in that first sentence of yours. Wii Remotes work perfectly fine, unless your Bluetooth dongle is problematic or your remote's a third-party remote (don't buy these, half of them don't work/have issues with Dolphin) or one of those newer -TR remotes (in which case you need the Toshiba Bluetooth stack).

Drewsky

(02-21-2013, 11:37 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]The network shit is impossible unless A) you're using the wii-network branch and B) you have the security certificates from a real Wii, and even then the branch is still a work in progress and you'll likely have issues with either performance or shit crashing. And I'm not even sure how good the 'net performance will be.

Also, this game has framerate issues on a real Wii. Luckily, I think Dolphin's currently terrible enough at emulating the Wii's GPU performance monitor that if you're using a fast enough CPU (an overclocked 3570K is always fast enough) and a decent GPU (the HD 7770 would probably be fine, but I'm not a GPU nerd) you probably won't run into problems.

Using the Wii Remote with the game is the most possible thing in that first sentence of yours. Wii Remotes work perfectly fine, unless your Bluetooth dongle is problematic or your remote's a third-party remote (don't buy these, half of them don't work/have issues with Dolphin) or one of those newer -TR remotes (in which case you need the Toshiba Bluetooth stack).
The dude in this video is playing on the Nintendo Network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuJTycAovU
Yeah, I know it's possible, there's just two prerequisites. The certs are the hardest part - AFAIK, only a small handful of people know how to get 'em. RDilus is one of them.
(02-21-2013, 10:51 PM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]If you plan to play in HD I say you get a nVidea card.

I fail to see why he can't get an AMD one...

@OP you can use wiimotes with the wii-network branch

Drewsky

(02-21-2013, 11:55 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2013, 10:51 PM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]If you plan to play in HD I say you get a nVidea card.

I fail to see why he can't get an AMD one...

(02-21-2013, 11:55 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I know it's possible, there's just two prerequisites. The certs are the hardest part - AFAIK, only a small handful of people know how to get 'em. RDilus is one of them.

*Smiles evilly* :3
I offered him 20$ to do a tutorial video Smile ... and yeah I'm failing to understand what is wrong w/ the AMD 7770 card I mentioned. Would save me roughly $100, and would only cost me around 20 frames per second (It actually calculates higher on BF3 than the Nvidia 650 ti).
(02-22-2013, 12:34 AM)Drewsky Wrote: [ -> ]I'm failing to understand what is wrong w/ the AMD 7770 card I mentioned.
Nothing. Its price is around that of a gtx 650 and generally beats it. His comment is pretty much without merit. The better the card the higher the res, and more AA, you can play with but either side of the fence is fine.
Sorry I was tired I didn't know what I was saying... AMD cards are on par if not better than most nVidea cards, and they are cheaper. You should get it.
(02-22-2013, 08:13 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I was tired I didn't know what I was saying... AMD cards are on par if not better than most nVidea cards, and they are cheaper. You should get it.
yea I beg to differ on that statement since I had more problems with AMD cards in a month then I had with an nvidia card in 6 months. I had the 7970 and so many problrms came from that, I even RMA it twice with no luck. nvidia is cheaper but is doesnt mean that it cannot perform better. My 670 ftw edition beats the 7990 which is suppose to be top of the tier for AMD standards, but a 650 should do you well for pc games and even Dolphin as heard from others in the forums.
Pages: 1 2