Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: amd fx-8120
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am planning to buy a desktop with an amd fx-8120 coupled with a radeon 6670 gpu. Therefroe, what kind of performance will i get with this desktop. The link is as follows; http://www.target.com/p/ibuypower-gaming...tailbutton

Thank you.
Get an ivy bridge system instead.
You won't get amazing performance in any demanding games with that CPU. More or less anything Intel will beat it, even a cheaper i3.

The GPU should be enough for 2-3x native resolution (depending on how demanding the game is).

To be more helpful, we'll need to know what games you wish to play.
(02-21-2013, 12:14 PM)kyle.carew Wrote: [ -> ]I am planning to buy a desktop with an amd fx-8120 coupled with a radeon 6670 gpu. Therefroe, what kind of performance will i get with this desktop. The link is as follows; http://www.target.com/p/ibuypower-gaming...tailbutton

Thank you.
Thanks for the feedback. However, i'm afraid that you didn't answer my question. There is a reason why i am interested in this specific pc, so i would like to how it handles the emulator. I am mainly looking forward to playing legend of zelda skyward sword.

(02-21-2013, 12:26 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]You won't get amazing performance in any demanding games with that CPU. More or less anything Intel will beat it, even a cheaper i3.

The GPU should be enough for 2-3x native resolution (depending on how demanding the game is).

To be more helpful, we'll need to know what games you wish to play.
Thank you very much. Your response was just what i was looking for. Well i am extremely interested in playing legend of zelda skyward sword, super mario galaxy and rad steel.
Skyward Sword should be playable.

SMG is a massive no-no (you need an i5 3570K @4.2GHz or better)

I don't know about the other game,
(02-21-2013, 12:32 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Skyward Sword should be playable.

SMG is a massive no-no (you need an i5 3570K @4.2GHz or better)

I don't know about the other game,
Really? wow. these games are really demanding. Also, i am really just interested in zelda. So can this cpu play it in 1080p. What do you mean by playable?
Playable means it won't run at fullspeed necessarily, but won't run so slowly that you physically can't play it.

3x IR is 1080p, so in some games you'll be able to, but for others, you'll need a better GPU.
Seriously dude, just buy something else, you won't be happy with the performance you get out of it. You can get more performance for the same price by going Intel.
Quote:just buy something else
He will not be able to get i5 3570k rig for that price range (700$ minimum if you can build your own pc)
OEM PCs such as ibuypower, dell, acer,lenovo ... are horribly overpriced (1200$ for i5 3570k rig and pay 100$ for overclocking
@OP If you decide to save money by building your own pc (500-600$) , you can check this thread
(02-21-2013, 12:28 PM)kyle.carew Wrote: [ -> ]There is a reason why i am interested in this specific pc

What reason can you invoke? Tongue

(02-21-2013, 12:28 PM)kyle.carew Wrote: [ -> ]red steel

For your information this game is unplayable with Dolphin (a bug with controls)
Pages: 1 2