Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Graces (Wii)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

F1veKing

Hi guys !
I need help with Tales of Graces, first of all, the game runs pretty well, sometimes the audio glitches and then it turns back to normal when you re-load a save file or change the place you're at.
But there's a problem I noticed recently, now I have 4 party members and the battles don't run smoothly, the FPS change from 44 to 52 in every battle and then drop again to 44 every second, just because of this 4 party member.
So, I'm thinking it's a CPU problem, but I'm not overclocking at the moment, so, waiting for future revs might make this better, like it already changed with Tales Of Symphonia for the GameCube?
Bleh, maybe there's a fix already, I don't really know, that's why I'm looking for help here ! Big Grin

Thanks in advance ! Blush
(02-21-2013, 11:20 AM)F1veKing Wrote: [ -> ]FPS change from 44 to 52 in every battle
So the FPS goes up? Isn't that a good thing? Smile
Quote:I'm thinking it's a CPU problem,
Exactly ! Dolphin is a dual core application
Quote:I'm not overclocking at the moment
You should
Quote:waiting for future revs will make this better
The word "might" is more correct
Dolphin aim for accuracy , you might lose performance over time

F1veKing

(02-21-2013, 11:24 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2013, 11:20 AM)F1veKing Wrote: [ -> ]FPS change from 44 to 52 in every battle
So the FPS goes up? Isn't that a good thing? Smile
lol, yeah ! It would be but actually the problem is that it can randomly change from 44 to 52 and then drop again to 44 so it's very annoying and unplayable in-battle. Sad
Assuming you meant the FPS drops, as admin89 said you should try overclocking.
Edit: Ninjad Sad
You should expect the lower FPS unless you overclock. The higher FPS occurs because the game reaches a less demanding part.

F1veKing

(02-21-2013, 11:28 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you meant the FPS drops, as admin89 said you should try overclocking.
Edit: Ninjad Sad
You should expect the lower FPS unless you overclock. The higher FPS occurs because the game reaches a less demanding part.
Yeah I noticed that happenned because of the audio glitch, because I've been reading that because of FPS not always fixed the audio glitches, so I guess I'll have to wait like I've waited all this time for Symphonia. (That runs full-speed and that's awesome ! Big Grin )
Maybe I'll overclock but I need to buy the aftermarket cooler or something so my CPU won't melt lol ! Big Grin
I would recommend you buy the cooler. You could overclock and play it near or at full speed, instead of playing at an annoying speed that spikes up randomly. Are you using HLE or LLE?

F1veKing

(02-21-2013, 11:39 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend you buy the cooler. You could overclock and play it near or at full speed, instead of playing at an annoying speed that spikes up randomly. Are you using HLE or LLE?
I'm using HLE, that's why the game is playable, if I use LLE the audio is always glitched and it's very annoying, and with LLE I get even lower FPS at battles, I understand that LLE is CPU Intensive so that's why. Sad
LLE always makes a game require more CPU usage Smile. I thought if you overclocked you could use LLE because in the Wiki it states that LLE may fix audio issues. Tongue