Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: why there is no Speed Hack Options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
in PCSX2 emulator you can "speed up" games with Speed hacks
there is no Speed Hack in Dolphin?
Nope, not implemented yet
is there any plans in the future to add this options?

I know you are working hard now to make the emulator to run
many GC and Wii games as possible,
and I can say you are really doing a great job. Wink
thx.
Well, in INI files of any game you can find [Speedhacks] line, which probably means it can be implemented in future
(07-18-2009, 08:17 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, in INI files of any game you can find [Speedhacks] line, which probably means it can be implemented in future

niceSmile
,hope it will be in one of the next Releases.
but I know you can't do all the plans at once...
(07-18-2009, 08:19 AM)Emulatong Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2009, 08:17 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, in INI files of any game you can find [Speedhacks] line, which probably means it can be implemented in future

niceSmile
,hope it will be in one of the next Releases.
but I know you can't do all the plans at once...

It wont be in the next release, but maybe somewhere along the line
We hope.
hmm indeed, games like Zelda TP will need it for hyrule field, so the emulator avoids processing polygons and datas of areas not being rendered.
ppl prob dont even realise we already use speedhacks :o
look at the metroid ini's
or at recent revs (after the last "unofficial" release) at pso ep3 (pso = phantasy star online for those who dont know)

hell
pso pal should have a cheat called "no textures" which doubles fps of pso for me haha
oh right:

Quote:[Speedhacks]
0x80384b1c=400

that's from metroid prime 1 ini. By the way, to which registry does that 'speed hack' points and which is the default value being replaced?
(07-19-2009, 08:16 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]ppl prob dont even realise we already use speedhacks :o
look at the metroid ini's
or at recent revs (after the last "unofficial" release) at pso ep3 (pso = phantasy star online for those who dont know)

hell
pso pal should have a cheat called "no textures" which doubles fps of pso for me haha

so,there is already "speed hacks" but they are "partials",and not in all the games?
Pages: 1 2