Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 30FPS And 60FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have seen some people call fullspeed 30 fps and others call it 60 fps so are these both fullspeeds?
(02-19-2013, 06:49 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-lis...pid=155258
so some games are suppose to run at 30fps that makes more sense now. but why do some run at 30 and others at 60
Some games are more demanding than others
(02-19-2013, 06:59 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Some games are more demanding than others
ok then. thank you very much
A more appropriate explanation: The developers chose to make it run at that framerate. Developers get to choose whether they want to have their game run at a higher framerate or have more processing power available per frame (and thus deliver better graphics).

ExtremeDude2 is still technically correct I just think that's a better way of framing the situation.
(02-19-2013, 10:12 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]A more appropriate explanation: The developers chose to make it run at that framerate. Developers get to choose whether they want to have their game run at a higher framerate or have more processing power available per frame (and thus deliver better graphics).

ExtremeDude2 is still technically correct I just that that's a better way of framing the situation.

And to clarify even more: by "developers", he means the actual Nintendo game developers, not the Dolphin emulator developers.
(02-19-2013, 10:14 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2013, 10:12 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]A more appropriate explanation: The developers chose to make it run at that framerate. Developers get to choose whether they want to have their game run at a higher framerate or have more processing power available per frame (and thus deliver better graphics).

ExtremeDude2 is still technically correct I just that that's a better way of framing the situation.

And to clarify even more: by "developers", he means the actual Nintendo game developers, not the Dolphin emulator developers.
thank you very much