Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have just downloaded Dolphin 3.5 (the latest stable version I hope)

I haven't changed any settings and playing Wind Waker is fine until I get to the first piece of gameplay. The FPS reduces to 7-8 and speed goes down to 45% - 65%.

I'm not sure if you can see my specs but I'll list them anyway

CPU: AMD A6 4455M APU
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7500G
RAM: 8GB

Will my PC work with Dolphin?
AMD's Mobile Trinity Series isn't too powerful. Are you playing at 1xIR?
Your processor is too slow for most games. You can try this to get more speed, but not much else can be done short of getting a more powerful computer.

You should read this for more info on what kind of PC is best.
Would it be worth trying it with another game to see if it's an issue with the ROM?

Sometimes it looks like it's going to be fine, the music is the normal speed. But the game is just slow.

I'm playing with 1xIR.
Did you read what Starscream posted?
(02-18-2013, 11:37 AM)iKarlCPFC Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be worth trying it with another game to see if it's an issue with the ROM?

Sometimes it looks like it's going to be fine, the music is the normal speed. But the game is just slow.

I'm playing with 1xIR.

You could try, but just about every game is going to run too slow on that laptop. I suggest trying Timesplitters 2 for the GC. That's about the least demanding game I can think of at the moment. Unfortunately, emulating games at full speed is a lost cause on that machine. You could do well with N64 emulation, though.
Yeah.

For some reason and I assume this is because it's a large world. When I go into a house it becomes perfect.

If this makes a difference my laptop has 2 CPU's not 1.
Inside areas are less demanding, so yeah, that does make sense.
Ah well. I'll have to wait until the HD remake is released. Or just go and play it on my Wii.
If you participate in this we could help you further:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-the...-benchmark
Pages: 1 2