Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OC Genie compared to manual tuning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would think it might be a little too "carefull" compared to a person. (Or maybe a few hours in stability testing is still inferior to a smart program that just calculate the limits from your temperatures...)

What do you think? I activated OC Genie for my i5 3570k, and it went from 3.4GHz to 4.2GHz.
A few hours of stability testing is always the best way to go.

Quote:What do you think? I activated OC Genie for my i5 3570k, and it went from 3.4GHz to 4.2GHz.
Well, what's your vcore and temps right now?
I'm certain you can get better results by manually tweaking it.
I generally stay away from auto-OC features, as do most people who OC. Like you said it can't compete with a human being.
^^ This ( © by ED2) Big Grin

That's why it's recommended to overclock manually.
I take it that he's not sure of what he's doing and he doesn't want to potentially destroy something, so he's using what may be considered a "safe route" to overclocking. That's fine for now, but you should do some reading and definitely get familiar with how this works yourself.
The auto overclockers pump way more volts than is necessary, shortening the life of the CPU. After using one, go into the EFI/BIOS and drop the volts as low as possible while maintaining stability.
I've actually undervolted my CPU :3, with a very small OC ofc
Yeah they always do something retarded. I don't trust them since I've never seen one apply appropriate settings. And I've tried a lot of them.