Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC powerful enough to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ReddMcKnight

Hello, everyone. For a while now, I've been trying Dolphin with each new revision, but it doesn't seem to work right. Ever. As such, I believe it's my PC. Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU 3.60 GHz
RAM: 6.00
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650

If more information is needed, please let me know.

Also, if it helps, the two games I've been using for tests are Shadow The Hedgehog, and Phantasy Star Online 1&2 PLUS. Shadow The Hedgehog slows down whenever the screen changes (I.E., at Title Screen, after pressing Start, it slows down, then speeds back up. After selecting New Game, it slows down, then speeds back up, then is just slow during the game itself). PSO slows down whenever I get to the Character Select Screen. (It becomes slow during the effect that happens when you try to select a class to play as). And yes, I did search, and found nothing. One more thing, I'm using the default Dolphin settings.

Thank you!
Quote:Is my PC powerful enough to run Dolphin?
Depending on the game . Your CPU is slow for demanding game
I have no idea about Shadow The Hedgehog , try to overclock your CPU to 4.0GHz
Edit : Btw , your CPU is not a true Dual Core CPU ( this make me remember about Pentium D :/) . So don't expect much
Define "slows down". What speed do you get?
Btw these games are pretty demanding. Shadow the Hedgehog above all

ReddMcKnight

Hmmm...Well, the best way I can describe is that, it's skipping, and I can hear it in the sound.
His GPU is decent for many of the games on Dolphin except for the High demanding games such as Super mario Galaxy 1&2. The Gpu is not the problem but the CPU is going to hurt performance wise