Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is my computer good enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is my computer good enough to run dolphin here are my specs
  • CPU Type
    Phenom II X4
  • Computer Memory
    1 GB, 6 GB
  • Hard Drive Capacity
    1 TB
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premier
  • Graphics Card Type
    ATI Radeon
  • Installed RAM
    1 GB
  • Multi-Core Technology
    Quad-core
A Phenom isnt the best of choices but when overclocked high enough can play a decent number of games at playable speeds, what games do you intend to play?
i was intending to play mostly gamecube games including: paper mario the thousand year door, lugis mansion, supermario sunshine.
(02-16-2013, 07:01 AM)firesidedata Wrote: [ -> ]paper mario the thousand year door, lugis mansion, supermario sunshine.
Those are all non-demanding games. Expect full speed or close to it.
(02-16-2013, 07:08 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2013, 07:01 AM)firesidedata Wrote: [ -> ]i was intending to play mostly gamecube games including: paper mario the thousand year door, lugis mansion, supermario sunshine.
Those are all non demanding games. Expect full speed or close to it for those games.
thank you and could i run the Legend of Zelda Collectors edition at full speed. i have been trying to play this game since my game cube and wii broke. and lastly could i run Zelda skyword sword with my specs
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is very demanding and will not run all too well. If you put the settings at 1xIR you may find it playable, but you will not get full speed. I am not sure about the Legend of Zelda collectors edition, but you could always just play the old Zelda games on other emulators if it doesnt run well (and of course BUY the games). It should run well though I just remember it having a 3 star compatability rating, correct me if I'm wrong.
(02-16-2013, 07:20 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is very demanding and will not run all too well. If you put the settings at 1xIR you may find it playable, but you will not get full speed. I am not sure about the Legend of Zelda collectors edition, but you could always just play the old Zelda games on other emulators if it doesnt run well (and of course BUY the games). It should run well though I just remember it having a 3 star compatability rating, correct me if I'm wrong.
i own all the games its just that i dont have a gamecube wii or nintendo 64 to play them on.
(02-16-2013, 07:26 AM)firesidedata Wrote: [ -> ]i own all the games its just that i dont have a gamecube wii or nintendo 64 to play them on.
Then if I were you I would download Dolphin 3.5, test out Zelda CE, and if you are happy with it and there are no glitches that annoy you (emulation isn't perfect), great. If you are not happy with it, download Project 64 1.6 and the latest JNES. Those should be able to play all of the games that Zelda CE has inside, and at full speed Smile

http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...7s_Edition
(02-16-2013, 07:32 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2013, 07:26 AM)firesidedata Wrote: [ -> ]i own all the games its just that i dont have a gamecube wii or nintendo 64 to play them on.
Then if I were you I would download Dolphin 3.5, test out Zelda CE, and if you are happy with it and there are no glitches that annoy you (emulation isn't perfect), great. If you are not happy with it, download Project 64 1.6 and the latest JNES. Those should be able to play all of the games that Zelda CE has inside, and at full speed Smile

http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...7s_Edition
thank you very much for your help