Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulated Rock Band DLC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this possible? Robust Google searching revealed that one person got it done but never said anything.
I want to test some things with how Rock Band 3 handles DLC and how it relates to the cache. It's simply faster and safer on Dolphin and seeing as how it runs an emulated NAND, I thought I could just throw mine in there. I downloaded one of the 20 free songs to test on and it's in the correct directories. However, the DLC doesn't show up even if my save does. I tried emulating DLC saved to the SD but still nothing shows up. SD is working since I had Super Smash Bros Brawl stuff saved on it and replays showed up and stages didn't.

So how can I get either NAND or SD DLC to show up in the game?
A collector friend of mine told me how it works. With Guitar Hero, they use WADs for each song. There are literally hundreds of WADs for all teh guitar hero songs that are available. You can purchase them on your wii, use the homebrew channel to export the wad onto your SD card, and then run it in Dolphin. I haven't used DLC in dolphin before, but it -should- install just as it would on the wii, and become available in the game. You might need a nand dumb or at least an installed system menu to do it though.

Again, he only told me about guitar hero games. But I assume that is just a way around the limitations of the Nintendo service, and that rock band would do the same thing.
I happen to have some of the Guitar Hero DLC in the NAND dump as well. I don't have the game to test it out with though, but the files seem to function similarly. In the title folder that ends with 5, there are several files associated with a song along with a TMD in there. Similar setup for Rock Band, just that nothing shows up.
I don't think songs are ever WADs at some point and if they are, I wouldn't know how to get them. They are .app files in the NAND and .BIN files on the SD.
(02-15-2013, 09:46 AM)Koestu Wrote: [ -> ]They are .app files in the NAND...
.app files comes from a WAD... Several .app files can be grouped together in a new WAD file
(02-15-2013, 01:43 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2013, 09:46 AM)Koestu Wrote: [ -> ]They are .app files in the NAND...
.app files comes from a WAD... Several .app files can be grouped together in a new WAD file
Sounds great in theory, but how do I go about packing WADs out of the .app in NAND? Every WAD packer I've tried spits out an error about how a file is missing. It's impossible to even try.
Have you tried to install a DLC WAD directly in Dolphin?
There is no DLC WAD to start out with.
Every Wii NAND content comes from a WAD. If you have your NAND dump, using NUS Downloader with your ticket file (and title ID) would let you to re-download the DLC in WAD format...
I tried that too. NUS tries to download the entire title which includes about 3GB of all the DLC in that title, which seems quite unethical. Perhaps that's why I can't pack my own WADs. It's expecting all 300-something files before it can finish.

Edit: Okay, quick update. I was able to make a WAD file, for once, but installing it still does nothing. It puts the files in the correct folders which is what I already had.
Out of ideas now... Try using your NAND dump with the latest build from wii-network branch and see if something changes...
Pages: 1 2