Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game hangs up and causes a BSOD...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Artemix

I'm using the version 3.5 for W764bits. Didn't configured anything. I just started a new game, an intro shows up, and after like 20 seconds, the sound starts looping and the game hangs up, a few seconds later, my PC throws me a BSOD...

What am I doing wrong?

(the game is Xenoblade:Chronicles)
Dolphin settings?

At any rate, Dolphin should not give you a BSOD under normal circumstances. It says in your profile you're still on stock clocks. Is this still the case? Have you messed with anything at all through your BIOS or UEFI? Additionally, I vaguely recall BSODs coming from faulty GPU drivers, but I very well may have misremembered that bit of info. At any rate, never hurts to keep your drivers up to date.

Artemix

Hi, thanks for the answer. Yes, my CPU is still stock, my GPU too, never played with them at all. But now that you mention it, my Ati drivers are quite outdated, I'll update them.

Still, I don't think that is the issue and I dont want to risk my PC for a game, I don't like BSOD...

Unless someone can give me some kind of advice to this problem that solves it, I wont try to run the game or Dolphin again.

(Dolphin settings are the ones that come with the 3.5 w64b release)
There's a chance that Dolphin is overloading your CPU causing it to overheat.