Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess (GC) not recognizing .gci save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pigonthewing

I am having a very similar problem as the poster of this thread, in that my save for Twilight Princess is not being recognized at all. Like Siesna previously, I have tried importing my .gci save file through the Memcard Manager in Dolphin (3.5-367), but when I begin to play the game, it shows no indication that there is a save file present and instructs me to begin a "New Quest Log".

Unlike Siesna, however, my save file was created in Dolphin rather than on a Gamecube. Somehow, all of my Dolphin emulator files were deleted, though I luckily had a backup of my Twilight Princess save. After downloading Dolphin again, I have been unable to get the game to recognize my save after importing.

Both my save and my gamecube .iso are NTSC. Siesna's problem was solved by using a hex editor to change the value of 0x7 from 01 to 05 in the .gci file, however I have checked and my .gci has a value of 05 already. Just for kicks, I tried downloading Siesna's broken and fixed save files from that thread, and the fixed save worked (though I have no interest in using his save file).

Also, I have strong interest in playing the game through a usb loader on my Wii because TP runs slowly on my pc sometimes; on the Wii it runs and accesses my memory card just fine, but my wii also does not recognize the save on the .gci after restoring it with gcmm 1.3. I'm using an unofficial 1019 block memory card there.

I have no idea what the problem is exactly, but if anyone wants to take a look at my .gci to see if anything is wrong, I have it attached below.
Took a quick look at it but can't see anything obviously wrong with it. Tried loading it into a GameCube but the game just didn't see it. There must be something about it that the game doesn't like, but I don't know what it is yet.

pigonthewing

Sorry for bump... I have still been unable to get the save to work. Perhaps if anyone else could take a look at the file, they might see if there's something wrong with it.

Edit: alternatively, if anyone has a save of the game right after snowpeak ruins or somewhere near there and would like to share the file, that would be appreciated too.

pigonthewing

I suppose the aforementioned save file is lost for eternity. I have had no luck finding a save in a similar save file as the one I lost, but I have found a wii save. I understand that it is possible to convert wii saves to gc saves, but I have been unsuccessful to do so myself.

Could someone do me a favor and convert this attached wii .bin to gc, if possible?