Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New PC on a budget...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of going with:

Sapphire HD7750-1G - Tarjeta gráfica Pci-Express - Amazon.es: Sapphire

and

Intel BX80637I33220 - Microprocesador, Core I3-3220, 3.3 GHz, socket LGA 1155, Intel Smart Cache 3 MB, 55 W - Amazon.es: Intel

I know they aren't ideal, but I'm not working with the largest of budgets either.

I would like to play Xenoblade, a few of the Zelda titles and so forth. I don't mind if I can't get 1080p or the highest settings ever, I just want to play them at any settings with a consistent 60 fps so long as the experience isn't god awful.

Is there more cost-efficient power I haven't considered? Please consider that I'm in europe and don't have access to newegg or most other american tech stores.
We would recommend a 3570K if you can get it.
Adding another 90 (around $120) euros to my budget will be hard, but I'll see what I can do... any other alternatives? I'm really cheap. Also, I meant to link the 7770, not the 7750. My bad.
(02-11-2013, 04:58 AM)risemix Wrote: [ -> ]any other alternatives?

A 2500k will do the job too
I'd wait till Haswell, the Ivy/Sandy Bridge CPUs will be cheaper when Haswell is out Wink
Not by very much. If he's waiting until haswell, he may as well get haswell.
Well, Haswell will be a bit more expensive so he has to save more money Tongue
No it won't. Historically Intel doesn't do that. New cpus are priced the same as the old cpus. They don't cut prices on old cpus or inflate prices on new cpus unless competition demands it (which is doesn't thanks to AMDs current offerings being pathetic).
Hardware price usually remains the same. But you can get better stuff for the same price. Just imagine what you could get for the price of a 3570k 10 or 20 years ago Big Grin