Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: sound issue in various dolphin vers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

stormeigol

Hello to all, i am having a strange issue with dolphin and I've been a long time looking for a solution but i cant find it..

first, my pc is :

Intel core2 duo e6300 1.8ghz @ 2.5ghz (Overclock)
nvidia graphic card GT440 DDR5 1gb zotac
kingston 2gb ddr3 1 slot
windows 7 professional sp1 x86
160gb HDD sata2

with this i was able run various GC/wii games without many problems, but actually with 2 games of gamecube i have the same problem, when im playing , 4 things happen (not necessarily in order)

- music stop but game still run (all normal but music bgm die)
-voices, sounds, music combines and make a mess of sounds, really annoying
-sometimes, a strange interference affects music, like a fly sound, in last svn version is more noticeable.
-left speaker die, sound only comes from right speaker , same happen with headphones.

the only way to "fix" this, is press Start button or pause when im playing, but not take long to happen again any of these errors, 2-3 seg after..

the games are Rave master and Megaman network transmission, both are Gamecube games.

i ve tried dx9, dx11, ogl, limit fps, change directaudio @ xaud2, dolphin 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, svn, but untill now none of these methods works..

if someone can help i will be very grateful, sorry if is wrong section.

EDIT: i ve made a short video showing errors, only 2 / 4 errors , listen carefully with headphones if is possibly.

Try versions from 3.5-77 or higher. The Gamecube portion of HLE audio was recently improved for AX ucode games (that covers most games, including the ones you have issues with). If you still get issues, you'll need to use LLE. Note, your current system is a bit too weak to use LLE audio. Try the newer builds first though, it should fix the issues.

stormeigol

hi shonumi, i ve tested 3.5-317 and and 3.5 367 but tthe sound is horrible compared to old builds, fly sound very often, does not solve any of the four errors that i said before..

i will continue trying other methods, i see many people have this problems but Currently there are no solution, i need create it
Your CPU is horrible for current Dolphin version btw . Overclock to 3.4GHz or higher ! (I recommend 3.6GHz because Core 2 duo is too old )
If you not run the game fullspeed or at least close to fullspeed , you will have choppy audio
@stormeigol - Have you tried using the OpenAL audio backend instead of the DirectSound and XAudio2 backends? It's been added in the latest revisions. Try using that with HLE audio. Note, you'll probably need to install the necessary libraries for OpenAL if you haven't already. The OpenAL has time-stretching (I think) so it may sound better, or at least not choppy; only one way to find out.

Also, post your Dolphin settings (preferably as screenshots) so we can see what you have set exactly.

stormeigol

(02-10-2013, 01:25 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]@stormeigol - Have you tried using the OpenAL audio backend instead of the DirectSound and XAudio2 backends? It's been added in the latest revisions. Try using that with HLE audio. Note, you'll probably need to install the necessary libraries for OpenAL if you haven't already. The OpenAL has time-stretching (I think) so it may sound better, or at least not choppy; only one way to find out.

Also, post your Dolphin settings (preferably as screenshots) so we can see what you have set exactly.
Hi again, yes , new version include openAL, i tried but i dont notice any difference, however I can not make it work with a dolphin version ax hle (says "dont find openal device" )

here is my album with differents screens, using 3.5 because is the more stable and fast ver. what i ve used :

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10007514/

Quote: Your CPU is horrible for current Dolphin version btw . Overclock to
3.4GHz or higher ! (I recommend 3.6GHz because Core 2 duo is too old )

If you not run the game fullspeed or at least close to fullspeed , you will have choppy audio

I really appreciate your suggestion, but i already have the desired speed in my game 60fps (ntsc-U) rarely drops below 60, my issue not related to the game speed, is reversed how i said in post ( normal speed but sound problems).
Make sure you've downloaded and run the installer for OpenAL. You can find it here for Windows: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/D...alinst.zip. You're settings look fine by the way.

If you still get audio issues with HLE, then your last option is to use LLE audio. Like I said, LLE audio is very demanding, so you're computer would still get bad sound since the games won't run at fullspeed. If you OC or upgrade your computer to something more capable, this won't be a problem. Until then, you might just have to deal with bad audio in some games, unfortunately Sad

stormeigol

i understand, I'm also very confused since i ve used and tested many emulators in the past ( vba, snes9x, pj64, epsxe, pcsx2) and they all behave the same way, i mean, if you trying run these emulators in a old slow pc always happen this:

music will heared in slow motion because game is running slow

but in my case , these 2 games run in normal velocity but sound glitches happens, I think now is that it could be a compatibility issue.... I know, sounds weird but I'm not even entirely sure and for now I see no need to upgrade just to "fix" these games.

in short words, for you shonumi, thank you so much for helping me with my problem, I learned a little more about dolphin.

if at some point i encounter the solution i will post here, that's for sure.

greetings to all readers