Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Sound Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kandid Kandace

I've searched around for this problem, and I've seen a lot of the exact same problem, and I've tried methods suggested, however they don't seem to work with me. I will try to state the problem as clear as I can and what I have done to try to fix it.

I have come across a problem while emulating Wind Waker, which I came across spontaneously - I was able to play the game for a few days without experiencing this. I cannot hear any sounds other than foot steps/rolling sounds (sometimes in the starting screen I hear wings flapping, but thats it). All other sounds are muted as far as I can tell.

I was using version 3.5 when it happened. I copied the user folder to another 3.0 version and the same problem happened, so I assume that it has something to do with the settings or something or other.

I read that this may be caused by the "item hang fix patch", which I enabled to try to stop black screens. I tried disabling it, however that did not fix the problem. Similarly I also read that changing the audio from "DSP HLE" to "DSP LLE" could fix this problem. I downloaded some kind of dump needed to do this, and once I was able to get the game to run again it still did not fix the problem. These two solutions are mainly what I have read whenever I do a google search on the topic. Although the problem seems be exactly the same as what I read other people had, the fixes did not work for me. If someone could point out what I've done wrong or what else I can do to fix this I'd be thankful.

hoohoo4

I have the exact same problem, if you solve it, let me know, and I will vice versa.
(02-09-2013, 01:40 PM)Kandid Kandace Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded some kind of dump needed to do this, and once I was able to get the game to run again it still did not fix the problem.
You arent supposed to download that dump. You need to dump it from a Wii that you OWN. That being said, you can try a few things:
1) Use LLE without the Fix Item Hang patch, however ensure LLE on Thread is unchecked
2) You may need to redump your game.

I played WW on 3.5 without encountering that particular issue, so I know 3.5 is a good revision to try.
Fwiw, there are legal dumps you can download for the DSP. They were reverse engineered and only work with games that use the Zelda ucode. See this thread for a list of games and link to the download: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-how...lle--23103

Note, they should come standard with the 3.5 download from the site.

@OP - Since there are two kinds of dumps you can download - the one above, and ones from elsewhere on the internet (this one is a no-no) - it's not immediately clear that you actually broke any rules (hence I haven't taken any action for a month, and yes, I knew about this thread). Next time specify that you got it from somewhere like the link above (if you did indeed get it from there) to avoid any confusion. We don't allow discussion about downloading copyrighted material on this forum, which includes games and the DSP dumps.