Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Odd problems with certain games - particular Mario Galaxy 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My P.C Specs are in sig.

So had Dolphin running for over a year now and have a number of revisions setup with the best settings for each game.

So was running Mario Galaxy on Rev. 3 with the following settings:

direct x 9
1080 fs res
Vsync
Auto (Multiple of 640x528)
Scaled EFB Copy
EFB Copies Texture (with cache to 'fast')
Fast Mipmaps
Disable Fog
Open GL decoder
Open CL decoder

Audio:
LLE Recompiler
DSP LLE on thread (seems more stable)

Vbeam emu - ON

And had it running more or less perfectly at 1080p, with absolute minor slowdown.
Then without changing a single thing on my pc, no new installs, no new downloaded programs etc. etc. etc.

It starting running crazily choppy.

Nothing at all was changed. I checked everything and played around with settings and nothing. I found that Vbeam emu off made it better, but for months it had been on and this suddenly seemed to happen!? It is especially noticeable in the early levels when you fight one of the piranha plant things and it drops between 55-59. Now that isn't bad at all, but it was def. running at a rock solid 60fps, and now it isn't.

So I tried a newer revision that was super choppy but ran SMG2 on well - 3.0-179, and it ran better but still a tad slow in parts.

I just wondered, other than that I have a ghost in the machine - why is it doing this!? I have noticed it do this on Metroid Prime and several other titles too. I have given a number of revisions extensive play testing and from day to day it appears the revision that worked well Monday, for example, doesn't Tuesday!?

Any idea Huh
Exactly what version are you using?
Set Your IR to 4x
Disable Open GL and Open CL
LordBarker Wrote:Open GL decoder

There is no such option in Dolphin, I think you mean the OpenMP Texture decoder :p

As for your problem, have you installed or changed any major software components recently (updated drivers, OS changes, new programs downloaded, etc)?
Nope no updates etc. It literally seems to change from hour to hour!?

Weirdly I now get almost 60fps consistently with the newest official rev 3.5!? Just seems mental.

And yeah I meant OpenMP Tex. Decoder - Tongue

Regarding revision, I always used 3 as was the most consistent, but that seemed to suddenly drop really badly, so moved onto 3.0-179 and that was great then slowed down, then moved onto 3.5 and that seemes pretty good.
BUT then went back to 3.0, from the exact same save etc. and the area that was slowing badly before now works - it just seems really odd and wasn't doing this for months, only recently. I have even disconnected my net connection etc. tried a lot of different variables and it seems all a bit weird Big Grin