Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to edit post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
### Edit post

I request permission to edit http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-emu...#pid181825 because

* an attempt to edit the post return a dialog with the message

> There was an error performing the update.This thread is closed and you may not edit messages within it.

* it's a cost for the author to not be able to correct errors in spelling, clarity, logic or links
* the link to the code is not current because the code has been moved
* there's room for improvement in the documentation
* this message from a person that searched for the code indicate that it's not obvious where the code is located

> tried googling your name,your google codes..browsing forum and didn't find …

>I wanna request you to re-upload your Dolphin builds(emulated motion+) if you can.

I want to

* correct the links to the code and files
* write that the RInput detection is fixed
* make corrections for clarity and logic

### Discussion

>Create a new thread if you like.

If you want me to make the edit in another thread I want the thread to be opened for a duration long enough to

* copy the BBCode with the purpose of moving it to another thread and avoiding creating the BBCode again
* write where the post has been moved

In addition to the BBCode I want edit permission for a time long enough to change the post to a link to the new post because

* I don't want to have two posts with similar content because it's unorganised
* I want to change the old post to a link to the new post instead of deleting the old post because I want to have a link to the new post in the old thread for users that find the old thread instead of the new thread

If you want to update the post the post change it to
Code:
[size=xx-large]M+ documentation[/size]

My documentation is [url=https://github.com/mirror/dolphin-emu/issues/19]here[/url]

The post is moved to GitHub because

* that issue won't be closed from editing
* Markdown is faster to write than BBCode

>[08:53] <+[SS]> The thread is so old and many pages long now, why not just create another thread?

It's better to have one (rather than more than one) thread per logical topic (f.e. the topic emulation M+)

>[08:55] <+[SS]> And seeing how my post is the first, the chances of anyone reading your second post is not likely.

Even if it's not often read, I want to make corrections to my comments about this topic in this post because it's important to me that what I write is as clear and logical as possible
Create a new thread if you like. That thread is way too old and dead to do anything with.