Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SMG 1 & 2 with LLE at full speed with a Q9550 3.8 OC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

soul_craft

Hey guys,

So far i'm not having much trouble running anything I want, the only exception is SMG 1 & 2, since the game needs LLE audio in order to work properly, my rig suffers to cope with the game and I can't achieve more than 50, 55 FPS with everything tunned down (IR, AA, AF and such *i'm using the D3D9 backend).

Is it possible somehow to achieve a constant 60 FPS with my current setup with LLE? I can't overclock my CPU to anything greater than 3,6~3,8mhz, I already tried but get constant BSOD and the temps rises too much.

Without the LLE the game works fine in a setup like this, IRx3, 4xAF and 16xAA, the one I use for most of the games. Someone around here manage to do the trick with SMG or the only option I have is to really buy a new CPU? Which is not a pleasent option right now since I will have to exchange the MoBo, RAM and cooler too.

I already post my rig when i signup, but I don't know if it is available to you all to see, so here it is again:

Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 3.8ghz (O.C) + Zalman CNPS9700
2x2GB Ram DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066mhz
2x2GB Ram DDR2 Kingston HyperX 1066mhz
ATI Radeon HD7870 2GB (Sapphire 11199-03-20G, PCI-x 3.0 16x)
1x HD Seagate Barracuda 2TB Sata III
3x HD Seagate Barracuda 500GB Sata III
Corsair TX650w

The version of Dolphin being utilized is this one: Dolphin-win-x64-v3.5-122.

Thanks.
No.

SMG 1/2 need an Core i5-3570k @ 4.2Ghz or more (if you want fullspeed with LLE)
If you are patient, the HLE rewrite might work for SMG music looping.At least the dev who does it said it should be 99.9% as good as LLE.
*Edit: very patient apparently
I thought the HLE rewrite was only for AX ucode?
Rewriting the Zelda uCode is gonna take it's time, it's just so confusing.
Unless the devs are some kind of robots i don't think we'll see something anytime soom

soul_craft

Thanks for all the repliers, guys. Aside from SMG, the only other games that I encountered some difficulties or can not run at full speed constantly are F-Zero GX and Sonic Colors, using older builds I managed sometimes to get better results, but different then this, there are really other heavy weight games or some that are not "that well" emulated at the moment and requires LLE and such (bringing my rig to is kness)?

I see sometimes people refering stuff like Xenoblade and The Last Story, but at the moment I don't have that much time to dwell into RPGs that takes hours and hours to finish, so besides:

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Xenoblade
The Last Story
F Zero GX*
Sonic Colors*

There are others games that may justified a update com my rig? Because for all the other PC games and emulators I'm fine at the moment and to spend thousands on a new machine just to play a couple of games (even with the fact that i really like SMG) is a hard idea to accept, considering the hardware prices where I live (Brazil) are really high too and the Haswell CPU on the corner, it just makes me insecure about regreting that later.
(02-07-2013, 09:41 AM)soul_craft Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Xenoblade
The Last Story
F Zero GX*
Sonic Colors*

All the games you listed are very demanding. They need a heavy CPU. 3570k will do the job Big Grin
Definitely. i5-3570k + Z77 MoBo + decent CPU cooler.