Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PAL games and Progressive Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but I was wondering since PAL Gamecube games never supported 480p/Progressive Scan, does that mean they are graphically inferior when compared to NTSC Gamecube games on Dolphin, even when the resolution is upscaled?

I'm assuming, and hoping, that the answer is no. I live in New Zealand, so all of my games are PAL, and the lack of Progressive Scan has always bothered me with my Gamecube games.

Cheers in advance!
In the emulator, everything is always progressive scan, so the option doesn't do anything except break things :p

We should probably just remove the checkbox..
(07-17-2009, 09:51 PM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]In the emulator, everything is always progressive scan, so the option doesn't do anything except break things :p

We should probably just remove the checkbox..

Sorry, I mean are PAL games graphically inferior to their NTSC counterparts because they never supported Progressive Scan? And if so, is this noticeable when compared side by side in Dolphin?

I'm assuming it's a no because Dolphin is capable of upscaling the resolution beyond what was originally intended.

Cheers for replying so fast!
You assume correctly.
(07-17-2009, 10:27 PM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]You assume correctly.

Big Grin Thank you!

...That is all.