Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Savegames to vWii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to export Dolphin Savegames to the vWii Mode of Wii-U? I know, that there is an export function in Dolphin, but there is written "experimental". Did anyone make experiences with trying it?
Not on the vWii... But it works fine with the Wii.
(02-06-2013, 06:19 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Not on the vWii... But it works fine with the Wii.

Does that mean, that you did not try it on the vWii or that it does not work with the vWii?

And a second question: Did you just replace the original data.bin by the dolphin data.bin or is there a special method to export the savestate to the Wii?
I haven't tried it yet Tongue
ok, so I still have a little hope Smile

I edited my post for a second question, maybe too late Smile

Did you just replace the original data.bin by the dolphin data.bin or is there a special method to export the savestate to the Wii?
Yeah, the data.bin from Dolphin have to be installed with the SaveGame Manager GX on the Wii. That's it, you just override your current savegame on the Wii.
Ok, seems to be very easy, thank you very much Smile

Did anyone make experiences with exporting savegames to the vWii?
I downloaded the Savegame Manager GX, but there is a file "boot.dol" ... How can I start this tool on my Wii? I have installed the Homebrew Channel and the USBLoaderGX, but I cannot find an entry for Savegame Manager in the USBLoader.

How does it work? :/