Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Woes~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Inkerlink

Alright here we go.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/5/2013, 00:14:12
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: KE571AA-A2L m8325f
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
Page File: 2285MB used, 3858MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Device: XFX Radeon HD 6770 (1GB GDDR5)

Trying to run Wind Waker. Indoors and when not looking at alot of stuff, I get a solid frame rate. When outdoors and looking at a lot of characters etc I usually get around 20-27 FPS. The rates are the same whether I have it set to Native Resolution with no anti aliasing or 2x Native with 8x SSAA. I am using the Direct3D9 backend since it seems to give me a tad better performance than the 11. Using Rev. 3.0-913.

Any suggestions or help please? Smile This is my favorite game and I wanna playyyyyyyyy
Open the graphics config while the game is running and make sure efb to texture is set. Opening and closing that config while the game is running should speed things up a bit. You could also overclock your processor to get more speed.

You should also use a newer build here -> http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Inkerlink

Wow, getting the latest version gave it quite a boost! Getting 29-30 FPS solid now. Thanks Big Grin
But note, as your CPU is not the strongest one, you should consider to overclock your CPU a little bit. You'll encounter FPS drops in some more demanding areas.

Inkerlink

Yeah I've thought about it. I'm going to do more research though before I attempt it. I'm happy with it at the moment regardless anyway, but thanks for the suggestion!