Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can't run games on newer revs: open gl error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am trying to run some GC games on my evga 9800gtx+ (with latest drivers) and it seems to work fine on rev 3402. HOWEVER: i kept getting some sound errors in some different games, so i tried using the newest rev (3819) to fix them, but when i load it up i get...

"can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info"

now this pissed me off Angry i hate errors!

if there is something that I need to download or update, let me know. give me a download link and I will use it! im running windows xp professional sp3. i'll also list my specs...

intel core 2 duo e6600 @ 2.4 ghz
OCZ 2gb 400mhz ddr2 RAM
MSI P6N-SLI motherboard
evga 9800gtx+
sadly..i only have a shitty fuzzy crt moniter at the moment Sad

any help would be appreciated..remember: a bad (or good) reply to a question is better than none at all.
go into graphic card and make sure extension limits is off... the words mite be backwards.
(07-18-2009, 01:51 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]go into graphic card and make sure extension limits is off... the words mite be backwards.

what do u mean by that? i already said i have the latest drivers! are these newer revs just not going to work for me? the older one works fine exept audio and the newest isnt working at all because of this error..
(07-18-2009, 01:47 AM)LP-Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Updated your graphic drivers??
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_186.18_whql.html

He clearly stated his drivers are updated
(07-18-2009, 01:51 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]go into graphic card and make sure extension limits is off... the words mite be backwards.

what do u mean it might be backwards? and what do u mean go "into" graphic card.

cmccmc

take the HLE sound plugin from the newer builds and put it in the plugins folder in 3402
ALRIGHT! figured it out! and i feel stupid for not seeing this earlier.

because it was a new download of a new rev, it didnt have dual core selected. i selected that one, turned on my other gfx things (anti ail) and bam! it worked perfectly.

thanks for the help guys!