Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this Laptop good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HalfBakedCheeto

Is it good enough? And if it is, Gamecube or Wii? If both, how far can I push it?

Acer Aspire V3-771
Windows 8 64bit
Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU @2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
8192GB RAM
Direct X11
Intel HD Graphics 4000 AND Nvidia GeForce 710M with 1GB Dedicated RAM

I intend to play my old classics on Gamecube (Wind Waker, Melee, FZero etc etc) Hopefully with a bit of push, such as 2x resolution perhaps?
And maybe, if I can push it, Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I doubt it.
As far as I know, my CPU and GPU ain't too shappy for a Laptop, or at least I hope so, since it cost me around £830

Thanks for your time, hope I didn't make you scoff too much.
This is not a proper thread my friend. Did you read the rules of the Hardware forum? I highly doubt that...

HalfBakedCheeto

(02-04-2013, 04:24 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a proper thread my friend. Did you read the rules of the Hardware forum? I highly doubt that...
I was in kind of a rush, and I didn't get to read it until 5 minutes after making this thread, so yeah, you're right, you're also better than me and all that other stuff.

I don't think I can delete this thread though.

Edited first post, if it's better now, help me a little. If it's not, just close it somebody and i'll try to get help off someone not on this forum.
The GT 710M is a rebranded GT 620M afaik, so 2x IR (720p) should be no problem. Zelda WW and Super smash Bros. Melee are pretty playable, you won't get mayn slowdowns. F-Zero GX and SMG are very demanding games, don't expect many FPS, both games will run quite slow.

And a little hint: Make sure, your laptop doesn't overheat.

HalfBakedCheeto

(02-04-2013, 04:58 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The GT 710M is a rebranded GT 620M afaik, so 2x IR (720p) should be no problem. Zelda WW and Super smash Bros. Melee are pretty playable, you won't get mayn slowdowns. F-Zero GX and SMG are very demanding games, don't expect many FPS, both games will run quite slow.

And a little hint: Make sure, your laptop doesn't overheat.

Dayum, I thought it's be a bit better than that. Ahh well, thanks for replying, I'll try running these on my friends PC instead, and then she can use the laptop. Also, sorry for making the thread without reading the rules.
Hey, no problem. You've read the rules now and that's good - Better now than never Wink