Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: In theory, could this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

stubborndodecahedron

So someone I know was gushing about a ghirahim (LoZ: SS wii) focused game. In my spare time I rip the models and animations from that game and mess around with them (I'm going into videogame design so it's more or less a learning experience). However I am no programmer what so ever.

Long story short, I'm wondering out of sheer curiosity if it is even possible to reuse/ build off what exists in skyward sword and change it, ultimately using dolphin to run it.

Aside from the fact that it would be an intensive feat, I'm just curious if anyone knows; A. if it possible,and B. how (in simple terms, just the jist.) one would go about that?

again, all in theory. I'm not super serious about this, just intrigued.
Sure. Hire a team of computer scientists familiar with PPC assembly to reverse engineer the source code.
With the model rips, you can write your own game. If you want to "edit" Skyward Sword, it depends on how much hacking/RE you want to do. (Some games have level editors for them, like New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy, which took a lot of work.). Skyward Sword doesn't seem like a very easy game to make significant changes.