Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with netplay configuration (sync)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey people.

Me and some guy I found to play online with are having problems with netplay configuration.

We both have the same dolphin versions (3.5.336), we both have the same version of the game we want to play (Mario Kart DD USA, we got it at the same adress), and we both share the same game saves. Also, we both have two controllers enabled in our general gamecube configuration, and when he's hosting, he also configures the pad settings in the netplay window.

When he launches the game, it's working. He decreased the buffer a bit, it works but it's laggy. That's not the real problem.
Our problem is that we both see each other, selecting our players, choose our kart, and the race starts.
Everything seems OK until somehow it seems we're getting de-sync'ed. At some point (maybe like 30 seconds in the game), we don't see the same things on our screens anymore. Like if i'm the driver and he's the passenger, he sees me going to a wall or a fence whereas on my screen i'm driving normally. What's wrong ? Did we miss something. On a side note, we're not playing next to each other in real life, it's a guy met on some gamecube website. We're playing over Hamachi but we don't need to use our hamachi IP adresses to connect to each other, we only use it to chat.

Can somebody help us, please ?

Thanks in advance
[to be deleted]